• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Cronus BTR tracking

RollTide14

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2018
Maryland
Has anyone had any issues with their Cronus BTR tracking? Did a tall target test on mine and tracking was only 90%.

Whoa! That would be a big problem! Contact Athlon for return label. They’ll take care of you quickly. That’s a lot to be off... have you confirmed your distance with a tape measure?

Mine was right on all the way up to +10 Mils elevation and points in between.

Mine is spot on for the year I've had it. Call them and send it in

Mines been right on. I regularly dial more than 20 mils and back. My only issue is a finicky parallax and depth of field.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Mines been right on. I regularly dial more than 20 mils and back. My only issue is a finicky parallax and depth of field.

I almost sent mine in for that, but evidently it's how they are. That should be what they look at improving next.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Thanks everyone. This was my first go around with Athlon. The first thing I always do with a new scope is a tall target test and this put a bad taste in my mouth. The turrets are really mushy as well. I just picked the scope up, so I think I’m just going to send it back and go in a different direction.

Is it a Cronus or Cronus BTR? The tracking is a known issue with original Cronus, just call Athlon. If its a BTR, its not normal, call them.

Cronus BTR per the first post.

Sounds like he wasn’t happy with the feel of the turrets either so he’s decided to pass on the Athlon altogether and move on to something else.

I’ve been very happy with mine but I suppose everyone has to measure with their own ruler! :D