• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon Gen 1 Cronus 1-6x optic

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
Trying to find one. Does anyone still have these in stock? I know it's been a few years but new versions come out and everyone wants the new one, so retailers tend to hold on to the older ones. Looking to get one in MOA.

1. They'd be cheaper
2. More compact

ETA: maybe this belongs in WTB I dunno.

Are you looking at the Cronus or the Cronus BTR? There is a big difference in FOV between them, where I believe the Cronus is an older LOW optical design (95' vs. 106.9'). If you're okay with the narrow FOV LOW design, there are Sightmark Pinnacles on Amazon for cheap.

For what it's worth I had a Cronus BTR 1-6 with their BDC reticle and got rid of it when I got my hands on a Delta Stryker. The Cronus is no where near daylight bright and while the push/pull turrets are neat, why? It's a BDC reticle with push pull dialing turrets so doesn't make too much sense to me. At $650ish for the Stryker I don't think you'll find a Cronus 1-6 for cheaper. About a year ago Eurooptic was blowing out Bushy SMRS2 Pros for $600 but that was very short lived.

Are you looking at the Cronus or the Cronus BTR? There is a big difference in FOV between them, where I believe the Cronus is an older LOW optical design (95' vs. 106.9'). If you're okay with the narrow FOV LOW design, there are Sightmark Pinnacles on Amazon for cheap.
I'm looking for the older 1-6x as opposed to the newer longer one. Currently have a vortex 1-4x viper pst on my AR and wanna move that to my 10-22.

...and yes I like athlon products. If I can't find one I'm also looking at the ARES ETR. It's also pretty compact.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dsparil and rhsc
I'm looking for the older 1-6x as opposed to the newer longer one. Currently have a vortex 1-4x viper pst on my AR and wanna move that to my 10-22.

...and yes I like athlon products. If I can't find one I'm also looking at the ARES ETR. It's also pretty compact.

The specs show the old one at 10.4" and the BTRs at 10.6"... That doesn't seem significant...

Hmmm that's interesting. It looks a hell of a lot longer. It is from the turrets to the end of the objective. Trying to make room for my D-bal on my SBR. Got a 9.5 handguard so every CM counts.