• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon Heras 6-24x56

TheMoondog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020

I got a chance to inspect the new Heras line of scope at the Athlon booth at SHOT earlier this year. The 10 yrds minimum parallax piqued my interest (for airgun matches and dispatching the occasional field rat in my backyard this distance comes in handy). When they finally released them, I was waiting for the 4-25x56 and finally got one this Summer. I didn't fully appreciate the differences between this and my Midas Tac until I got it in my hands on it.

The glass isn't as good as the Midas Tac (not surprising given the Hera's 25% lower price point). But the Heras' new turret design is worlds better in design and ergonomics (unfortunately it has 30 MOA less elevation adjustment). I appreciate that Athlon listened to complaints and added illumination that the Midas Tac is missing. Unfortunately I chose the SFP MOA version of this scope which only offers illumination on the tiny center dot, which isn't daylight bright at max.

Overall the scope seems to check all the boxes for both hunters and long range shooters. With any design decision there is compromise. This scope seems to fill holes in Athlon's lineup while being a solid mid-tier performer on its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve123