• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Midas 5-25 eyebox vs Cronus

A-Rob

Hermit
Minuteman
May 2, 2017
Old FL
I just moved my Cronus to a different rifle and I’m looking to put something similar back on my .22. I’m looking at the Midas TAC 5-25. I have a good idea how the scope would compare build wise with the 30mm Midas Tac’s, but how’s the eyebox? The 2 regular Tac’s that I had were finicky with eye placement. My Cronus is perfect, very forgiving and easy to get behind. Has anyone compared the 2 strictly on ease of getting behind it?

You shouldn't have any issue - I have 2 of the Midas TAC 5-25s and they are way better than the original 30mm 6-24 version. I also had a Ares BTR Gen 2 and didn't have any issues. For the money, I love the Midas TAC 5-25. I am looking to get an Ares ETR or Cronus for my Vudoo build

You shouldn't have any issue - I have 2 of the Midas TAC 5-25s and they are way better than the original 30mm 6-24 version. I also had a Ares BTR Gen 2 and didn't have any issues. For the money, I love the Midas TAC 5-25. I am looking to get an Ares ETR or Cronus for my Vudoo build

Thanks for the info. I’ve had the Cronus and previously an ETR on my .22. Both are excellent, but the subjective feel of quality is better on the Cronus to me.

Reactions: YotaEer
Definitely agree with you on the Cronus... I run a Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30 that I really like and didn't realize until I recently saw a great review from DLO that the Trijicon, Cronus, Delta Stryker, and Leica PRS are essentially running the same design