• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

athlon midas 8x42 binocs-first impression

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
got these from doug at a close out (?) price . they were a bargin,almost a steal. the view is clear,sharp with no distortion or fogging,edges look sharp,quick easy diopter adjustment,easy focusing,notice no color distorsion. my eyes are rather poor so this was a surprising and real good grab. kinda hate to say anything good about the chicoms these days,but this is looking like another overprice point performer from athlon. and,no,i don't get anything from camera land,athlon or china by saying good stuff about their stuf. i know that kinda thing happens a lot on the internet.

I've used a bunch of Athlon scopes and the only issues I've ever seen with 1 were the low end price point 1" scopes that were installed on 450 B's or other hard recoiling rifles. I've run the Ares BTR's on 338 Lapua and a bunch of 300 Mags. No issues. The glass is very serviceable. Is it a Leica glass? No, but it's better than a bunch of glass that gets a bunch of love. You won't have any issues with your binos. The couple guys that cheaped out on 450 B's got an upgraded model at no cost to them from Athlon. That says a bunch.