• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon Midas G2 UHD Pro 12x50 with Reticle Info

Llamas Waffles

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2022
Florida Panhandle
What experiences have any of you had with these? I know they are still new on the market and not many people have had a chance to see them, bu anything anyone else may have is helpful. Currently use a set of Bushnell Forge 15x56 for PRS, but looking for something with a reticle. I've considered both the Bushnell Match Pro and Apex Summit ED, but the reticle in the Athlon is what I prefer in a spotting optic. That and it's on sale with the Cameraland March Madness sale. As I start looking at field matches more, the idea of a a smaller magnification is appealing as well, so the Midas and Summit options meet that while the Match Pro is still a 15x.

Compared to the Forge or the Match Pro, how is the glass clarity/quality? Would it be worth the transition? What do/don't you like about them?
As much as I would love to have a set of 1500+ binos, that just not in the budget for now.

As a sidenote, maybe someday a company will have binos in the 10-12x range with both a reticle and LRF that aren't 2k+, one can dream I suppose.

Thanks in advance!

They have not yet arrived in stock anywhere, so doubt anyone has any time with them. I want to try them when they do, but the minimum IPD of 59mm is scaring me away. I’d love a set of Apex’s but I can’t find a used pair anywhere and I don’t want to spend new $ on them.

They have not yet arrived in stock anywhere, so doubt anyone has any time with them. I want to try them when they do, but the minimum IPD of 59mm is scaring me away. I’d love a set of Apex’s but I can’t find a used pair anywhere and I don’t want to spend new $ on them.
Ah, I thought they were in stock already last month, bummer to hear that haven't really made it into the wild yet. The sale price is quite tempting, but don't want to swing for them and be disappointed in glass quality. While I certainly wouldn't expect Swaro clarity, the Forges have really set a high bar for glass quality on a budget... Lol.