• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon midas tac 4x16x44 APRS2 or 6x24x50 APRS2????

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
My PSA UPPER has an 18" Wylde 1 in 8 twist, A2 type chrome lined FN CHF CMV pinned rifle length gas block barrel in Geissele MK14 handguard. It is small but consistently shoots 1.25 inch groups with cheap Wolf Gold 55gr ammo. I want to shoot out to 600yds which is about as far as this short barrel with reach, but need good glass to hit steel plates and see the impacts. NO spotter available so the glass will have to spot for me. Here is the million dollar question. Will 16 power be sufficient or do i really need 24 power. Remember i also shot this AR15 off-hand at an indoor range which is only 6.5 miles from my h.ome. The large scope will make my AR15 look like a rhino riding a tricycle The out door range is over 100 miles from my home. I am a old SOB, retired do not have the bucks for a a second long distance rifle. So must make do with the lone AR15 but it is a keeper. I realize my current Nikon is only 14.6oz and will get me to 300yds. It is a easy to shoot off-hand. Going to the Athlon will up the weight considerably-almost double on the 24x model. But i cannot have it all and hopefully I can still shoot a little off-hand with the heavy scope. Bezos has a special on the Athlon Midas tac 6x24x50 for only $569.33 and free shipping- such a deal.

Last edited:
Get the 6-24! It's the best scope on the market for the price!

Old eyes here too, the reticle in the 4-16 isn't easy to see, especially so below 10x.

Have a link to that TAC deal? I’d be interested as well. I’m building a new 600 yd hunting rig and this sounds like it would fit the Bill.

As a longtime supporting vendor here on the forum it would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss it. Have a great evening,
Doug

6-24 for sure. I love mine and keep trying to replace it with something better in its price range but can’t seem to find anything yet