• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Optics Argos BTR Gen II 10-40 x 56

I've got both in my amazon" shopping cast", mainly as an easy way to go and "ponder" . If the 10-40 had the retical that's in the 8-34 I'd already have one. several of my rifles are equiped with 10-40 Sightmark's, so I guess I'm a power junkie ? They are all zeroed for 600 yds, I can only shoot from a bench.

Update — Athlon said that from the photos, it looks like the scope was mounted correctly on the CZ (no surprise to me) and emailed me a UPS label to send them the scope for evaluation and repair/replacement. I’ll ship it out today in the original box and overbox. More updates will be posted when available!

Final update: Athlon replaced the scope, honoring their warranty. It was a quick and easy process. The new scope zero’d at 50yd and 100yds, and in this one, the parallax markings were close to actual, just like my other Athlon scope. The scope is bright and clear, and I really like the reticle at both low magnification and high magnification off the bench with my CZ457. Highly recommended for the money. Since the match class I compete in has a dollar limit of $1500 for rifle plus scope, this gives me a very nice optic within that limit.

Since I’d already bought a 25MOA rail, after making sure the scope would zero without it, I went ahead and put it on and re-zero’d. All is well.