• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon Optics Midas TAC Riflescope 6-24x50 30mm APRS2 FFP MIL Reticle

Brian o 23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2018
Hello all,
I'm putting together a custom 1022 build.
Kidd barrel action 16.5" none threaded match bull barrel.
Victor Titan stock with cheek riser.
And I thought of using the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 FFP scope any thoughts or suggestion on this setup, and places to purchase this scope?

How does the athlon Ares BTR 4.5- 27x50 compare to the Midas tac?

I have the Ares BTR and Helos BTR. Shot thru my buddy’s TAC this weekend. I like the BTR reticle, but both are very nice. Eye box is more of an issue on the Athlons at high mag than my DMRs, but set the gun up right and it’s not an problem.

Reactions: Big Timber
Brian,

Before ordering, you might want to look at the APRS3 (Xmas tree) reticle and decide if you would prefer it over the APRS2 reticle.

I had a TAC and later bought an Ares BTR. I go back and forth between whether or not I should have kept the TAC, although I like the Ares. I like the floating dot reticle on the TAC over the cross on the BTR. I like the eyebox on the BTR better. My TAC sample was finicky, even though they are supposedly the same glass. You really can't go wrong with either.

Same. I liked the floating dot on the TAC over Ares offerings

I know i'm changing subjects but.
Any thoughts on the Kidd Stainless steel barrel over the chrome moly barrel for accuracy? I looking at a 16.5 " barrel.