• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Optics Precision Rings

jdodd

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Maine
Anyone have experience with these yet? I typically use Seekins however the finish / screw threads have been sub par on the last couple sets I bought so looking for something in the same price range. This is going on a 6.5CM rifle so not heavy recoil by any means.

Link

Don't count the mdt premier rings. Right at a hundred bucks and they're solid. Just put em on a 6.5 holding an ares etr and really happy.

Anyone have experience with these yet? I typically use Seekins however the finish / screw threads have been sub par on the last couple sets I bought so looking for something in the same price range. This is going on a 6.5CM rifle so not heavy recoil by any means.

Link
I would guess that the Athlon rings are more than likely the same quality as the Blackhound rings that are nice, probably coming from the same place. You would have no issue with Hawkins rings, I have used the Burris XTR rings quite a bit and they are very good.

Reactions: HawkinsPrecision
Appreciate all the feedback. Ill have to do some more digging before I order my next set.

Contact Seekins if you have an issue.....they will
make it right!!

I have no doubt they would. The first time didnt bother me but the second did...I am either really unlucky or the recently quality took a dip. I had to return 2x sets with one being 30mm and another being 34mm. I had a third set that the threads were rough on the cap screws and the finish is rough on the top rings but I had a shoot I wanted to make so I kept them. I have ordered probably half a dozen or more sets of seekins rings. Only issue was over the last 6 months.