• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon rifle scope

Short answer: pretty good value for money. The search function will turn up lots of threads about them.

I started with the cheap Argos 6-24 gen 1. It got me to 1,000 yards no problem. I doesn't have a zero stop and the glass is not great. But it works. I now have 2 Helos Gen 2s. One is on a 22LR and the other is on the 243. The glass is better than the Agros, it has a nice zero stop. Pretty good amount of travel. I took the 22 to 600 yards. The 243 has been to a mile. I do not beat on them too bad but they have both been to matches, the 22 mostly. They work really good, the cost is pretty easy to justify. Lots of people on here will yell about buyng chinese shit, that part is up to you.

I got a pretty smoking deal on the Midas TAC 6-24x50 and an Argos BTR Gen2 6-24x50

I was quite impressed with them for the price.
Decent glass, decent mechanicals, well laid out.
The packaging was top notch

I'm pretty pleased with them.

Now I'm not going to say they compete with a $2k scope.

But in their price range, they are a solid value and I think you'd be pretty happy with them.

I started with the cheap Argos 6-24 gen 1. It got me to 1,000 yards no problem. I doesn't have a zero stop and the glass is not great. But it works. I now have 2 Helos Gen 2s. One is on a 22LR and the other is on the 243. The glass is better than the Agros, it has a nice zero stop. Pretty good amount of travel. I took the 22 to 600 yards. The 243 has been to a mile. I do not beat on them too bad but they have both been to matches, the 22 mostly. They work really good, the cost is pretty easy to justify. Lots of people on here will yell about buyng chinese shit, that part is up to you.
Mine says made in Japan. The glass is really very good, the turrets you will probably never need to worry about bumping them they are stiff and tactile.

I have 3 cronus btr 4.5-29x56 gen1. I like them alot. Check out the PX, you should find them for $1000ish used.

Some are mediocre, especially their cheapest line but same as the Vortex Venom/Arken SH4
Some punch above their weight (Helos GenII 2-12, Midas Tac 6-24 & 5-25, ETR 1-10 and ETR 4.5-30)
They are generally well built, on the heavy side, good true turrets and above average reticles.
My 2017 Gen 1 Cronus still tracks perfectly and has been through a lot of rounds and being dropped and banged around.
I prefer them to the Bushnell match pro.
I prefer the Cronus over most Bushnell Elite/LOW made (except the XRS 6-36 which is very nice and Athlon has no product that challenges it at the moment, maybe their Gen3 Cronus will come with a 6x erector and 35/36x mag at the top)
My buddy sold his old NF ATACR 5-25 to get 2x ETR 4.5-30 + some cash on top and he's got no intention of going back to NF

If I was poor and wanted to get in the LR game I'd probably go with the Midas 5-25 or 6-24 depending if I wanted 30mm or 34mm. It has everything except illum which most new LR shooters don't need. I'd get a used one because even if they shit the bed, the warranty is as good as Vortex, ship it back and get a new one.
None of mine have had any issues that being said, but I have had plenty of broken Vortex, Leupold and even one S&B ...

Thanks guys right now I'm just shopping to upgrade a couple of low end burris scopes I let you know what I decide. As for made in China, anymore everything is won't be long babies will be born with made in China tattoos on their butt

I have 2 Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 10x40x56 and one Sightron SIII 8x32x56 and all are on CZ 455/457 22LR for punching paper. For the money the Athlon Argos is a great scope. The Sightron is definitely a superior scope but also runs 2 to 3 times the cost of the Athlon.