• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon scope is being shipped back

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Sent a Cronus BTR to factory for repairs (Elevation turret was stripped) They said its repaired ,I wonder if they examined the windage turret also ? It will arrive tomorrow . I was hoping they'd replace it with a gen2 ,I guess I was dreaming cause nothing else was broken .

I’ve had a Cronos for 2+ years a Ares ETR for s year and just bought a Midas Tac gen 2 5-25 stunning glass skip a std Ares and buy a Midas Tac and save a couple of hundred

Honestly, if you had called and requested they replace with a G2, they probably would have. I had an Ares ETR get damaged, sent it in for repair/replace, and immediately reached out asking if they'd let me upgrade to a Cronus G2 for a fee. This was very early on in the G2 release where I couldn't even find them at any retailer. Athlon guy pinged me back, I paid them a few hundred, and I had a brand new Cronus G2 like 3 days later.

So, what is it you're looking for here?
You had an issue with a product, they fixed it.
Sounds like they met the requirement of their warranty.
This wasn't some cheap chinese scope you sent them, where the time and cost to repair would cost more than a replacement.
They are, after all, in the business to make money, not give shit away.

They promptly repaired the scope, along with a factory spec examination ,everything checked out.