• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATI M1 Garand?

NorthernBorn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Michigan
Local gun shop has a rough M1 Garand marked Made by ATI with a 030xxx serial number and zero writing on the metal behind the rear sight. Wtf is it and why in the world is there an $895 price tag on it other than stupidity?

Re: ATI M1 Garand?

Run away! Shop thinks it's a real M1. Not a fake.

ATI doesn't import the M1 anymore. To many cast POS failed. Rumor is the M1 was made in Vietnam for an Australian Co. Then imported by ATI.

Run away! Then buy one from the CMP:
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

That's what I figured. It looked like a Frankenrifle to begin with and then seeing ZERO proper markings on the receiver made me laugh at the $900 price tag on it.

Thanks for the help guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camp carnage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd gladly pay $5k for it here. AR15's go for $10,000 to $25,000 </div></div>

Sounds like a good reason and enough money to move up over from down under!

I wish I was born in USA. In fact, my father was taken prisoner in France by the US army in WW2 (he was German Navy) and I believe he was supposed to be taken to the US but was taken to England instead, due to the risk from U boat's. Not sure how true that story was, but it would have fulfilled my life long dream to own an AR.

Military style semi auto's can't be legally imported into Australia unless you get permission from our Governor General. Which basically means not at all, unless you have a contract to supply our military or special police units. Of course, our arabic gangs seem to get them thru okay. The few available for sale that were here before the 1990 importation ban are restricted to a relative handful of profesional shooters who earn their living culling animals.

I feel for you brother, there's alot of people here that would like to do the same thing to America.

Thank God for the founding fathers. It's hard to believe they could have forseen the idiots we have in this present time that wouls steal freedom at every turn, but they lived it and they knew that evil never sleeps.