• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Atibal 1-10x FFP

looks decent. but i doubt you'll get many reviews of any of their scopes here

says mils, but reticle looks like MOA? no way it'd be 30 mil in a 1-10x

The reticle hash mark is definitely MIL.

Have anyone seen this up close? For around $800 seems like a good thing for 3 gun / spr ish shoots if it tracks.

First time ive heard of em tho. Toughts on their service...durability?

http://www.recoilweb.com/sneak-peak-at-atibals-new-1-10x-riflescope-and-reticle-140327.html

Thanks

Reading the article, the only thing that I made a note of concern is the FOV, 100 ft at 100 yd is not the widest view. Other than that, this could certainly be interesting. With 30 MIL in the reticle, this could be usable on a 22LR as well.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
Care to share your experience with the scope you thought needed improvement?

100' FOV is a bit of a deal breaker for 3 gun, although I don't know why anyone would need a 1-10x for that anyways.
35mm tube is a bit weird too, but at least mounts are more common now than the last time I looked.

True, 110+ is much better but there are a lot of popular 1-6x that have 90' FOV so for someone that wants the extra magnification this might be a good median. I think this scope would be great on a DMR type rifle. I may add it to my 224V upper. I really like the new Primary Arms 3-18x50 and their reticles but I only have 300 yard range near me and 500 yard max. So if you consider 1x magnification good for every 100 yards a 1-10x would be more than adequate for me plus it's a more compact package which fits with the 18" barrel.

1-10x30 in a 35 mm tube. wonder how it looks at 10x?

Ilya - need you to do the side by side with this one and the Riton 1-8x28, baseline with the Burris XTR II 1-8x24 and the Trijicon 1-8x28...

Please....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender and magtech
1-10x30 in a 35 mm tube. wonder how it looks at 10x?

Ilya - need you to do the side by side with this one and the Riton 1-8x28, baseline with the Burris XTR II 1-8x24 and the Trijicon 1-8x28...

Please....

I do not think I can take on any new stuff that is not already in the works before SHOT.

Well see what happens after SHOT, but this would be interesting.

Ilya

The reticle looks like a loser for fast work inside 200 yards. Might change my mind when I see what it looks like at the low end of the magnification range.

Anyway, it looks like more chinese junk flooding the country.

Lot of people really like the Atibal 1-8x l. Check out the reviews online, I don’t think I’ve seen anything negative about it considering the price range. Not everything from China is junk and not everything from the US is great. I personally think the reticle will be great at closer ranges because it has the lines on outside to draw your eye to the center. This is similar to many other successful reticle designs.

I personally think the reticle will be great at closer ranges because it has the lines on outside to draw your eye to the center.
Ever use a similar reticle at 1X and close quarters? Ever compare the times you get with one against a red dot, or a scope with just a red dot?

Ever shoot or talk to anyone with a Trijicon 1-8x? The Atibal X reticle is nearly identical to the Trijicon 1-8x reticles. Nobody seems to have any trouble shooting those so I fail to see how the Atibal X would differ.

I personally do not like dot only reticles even in a red dot, I prefer the eotech style circle dots. The reason the Trijicon reticles are usfull and successful is the lines and the illuminated ring draw your eye in.

It’s now Available to preorder with expected shipping in January.

Hoping someone gets to review one soon.

I saw another prototype from the same OEM, this time with somewhat better optics. If that is the same scope as what Atibal will be selling, I do not know if I would pay $800 for it. That is dangerously close to the 1-8x Burris XTR II which is a much better scope.

Basically, it will go head to head with HiLux CMR8 1-8x26 which, to me, looks a little better.

I will go visit Atibal at SHOT and see if their scope is the same as the prototype I saw. If it is, I think it offers something very worthwhile if it drops into the $500-$600 price range.

In the grand scheme of things, I like the idea of Chinese manufacturers and OEMs pushing the envelope a little as Hi-Lux is doing (they have the own shop that makes these) and as Atibal is doing.

Just a few years ago and 1-10x or 1-8x FFP Chinese scope would be unthinkable, but now they are getting workable and with more tweakign, they can get quite decent. My CMR8 has done just fine on a 458SOCOM which is not bad by itself.

ILya

Hey! Digging up this thread again, has anyone else got any hands on time with this? Was trying to compare this to say... an ATACR-R 1-8 lol

Reactions: Voyager1
Atibal sells the Bobro mount as an option. I bought a Larue LT204 with 35mm rings.

b6graham which mount would you choose if if were?

No I waited on my dealer and still don’t have it. Will go a different route

Any update on the Atibal Ilya?

Very mixed impressions.

The scope stays zero'ed, but the turrets are not accurate, I would not twist them too much.

Optical quality is not great on 10x and the image is kinda shallow. For distances, 8x works better.

It is OK for the price in that regard since there isn't much that is FFP in this range, but the reticle really leaves me cold.

I think GRSC's reticle in the same scope is a more interesting option. Besides, that one has covered turrets.

Honestly, I wonder if March has had it right all along: over you get into this matter range, side focus may be very worthwhile.

ILya

Last edited:
I have never been a fan of BDC reticles. But I took a chance and bought a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS. Once I got it zeroed I can make hits on man sized steel easily. I can go 100-600 with a second or two between shots and make hits.

Very mixed impressions.

The scope stays zero'ed, but the turrets are not accurate, I would not twist them too much.

Optical quality is not great on 10x and the image is kinda shallow. For distances, 8x works better.

It is OK for the price in that regard since there isn't much that is FFP in this range, but the reticle really leaves me cold.

I think GRSC's reticle in the same scope is a more interesting option. Besides, that one has covered turrets.

Honestly, I wonder if March has had it right all along: over you get into this matter range, side focus may be very worthwhile.

ILya
Thanks for the update, Any chance you have any info/thoughts on the
Primary Arms 1-8 FFP “Platinum” or the
Atibal 1-6 “Mirage” FFP

Thanks for the update, Any chance you have any info/thoughts on the
Primary Arms 1-8 FFP “Platinum” or the
Atibal 1-6 “Mirage” FFP

I have not seen any other Atibal scopes.

PA Platinum is a nice LOW built scope, so it is a known quantity. I use a similar Burris XTR II 1-8x24 and like it a lot.

ILya

100' FOV is a bit of a deal breaker for 3 gun, although I don't know why anyone would need a 1-10x for that anyways.
35mm tube is a bit weird too, but at least mounts are more common now than the last time I looked.

I agree.

I like my 6x GII Razor. I do like the 8x FFP of my XTR2 a little more, but I honestly dont see a need for a 10x.

There isnt anything a shooter cant effectively hit with 6x or 8x. A good 3 Gun scope needs to look good on 1x with a decent FOV moreso than it needs a lot of magnification.

I agree.

I like my 6x GII Razor. I do like the 8x FFP of my XTR2 a little more, but I honestly dont see a need for a 10x.

There isnt anything a shooter cant effectively hit with 6x or 8x. A good 3 Gun scope needs to look good on 1x with a decent FOV moreso than it needs a lot of magnification.

The idea behind a 1-10x scope is not really 3-gun use. It is a further attempt to make a true general purpose scope intended to cover everything from CQB to mid/long range. It is sort of a natural progression that started with 1-4x scopes, then onto 1-6x, then 1-8x. The next logical step is 1-10x. However, based on what I have seen so far, once you get to this erector ratio (at least with currently available options), we should be either looking into designs that incorporate sidefocus like March did, or set it up so that the focsu distance changes with magnification.

ILya

Reactions: Bender
A scope designed to cover CQB to mid/long range is a 3 Gun scope description in a nutshell.

But I see what you're saying. It takes more attributes than proper magnification range to create a competitive optic. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out and find their piece of the market.

A scope designed to cover CQB to mid/long range is a 3 Gun scope description in a nutshell.

But I see what you're saying. It takes more attributes than proper magnification range to create a competitive optic. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out and find their piece of the market.

That's fair.

I like it when companies push the technology envelope a little, so I do not mind if something new has a few warts here and there. Eventually they get worked out and we end up with improvements.

If noone was willing to push the envelope, 1-4x would still be state of the art. While 1-4x scopes really work well for a lot of applications, I am really enjoying my 1-8x and like to have options.

ILya

Reactions: Bender
that larue would not be one of the better choices even though this isnt exactly a precision scope
I've read all the BS against vertically split rings. As an engineer, none of it passes my smell test.

All my QD scope mounts have vertically split rings (Larue and ADM). They work. No fucks given about others' opinions.