• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Atilla 200 Users?

Gasgun

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2013
I have an opportunity to pick up an Atilla 200 at what I think is a decent price.
Seller claims that it functions 100%.
I’ve seen several of these for sale that have various issues, switches stuck in one mode, weak illuminator, etc.
How robust are these generally? My experience with IR lasers/illuminators is limited to a couple FP PEQ-15’s and they appear to be pretty much bomb proof.
My sole interest in this is as an illuminator for clip on NV. How is the illumination on the Atilla?

The Atilla is an excellent Illuminator, the adjustable beam is what makes it really sweet. Their only real downside though is the size. They’re very reliable and robust, just don’t buy one that’s fucked up obviously and make sure you get it from somewhere reputable and ideally with an inspection period.

Reactions: Gasgun
It’s old tech now, but was The Shizzle back in the day. I have a couple of them in new condition. Size really isn’t that bad. Not anywhere near the size of the surfboard PEQ-2A. 165mW of IR laser goodness.

Downside/negatives are:

Still bigger than a PEQ-15
Switches are funky/kludgey.
NO visible laser (IR only)
Illuminator is not nice and even. It has concentric circles.
No aftermarket rail switches work with it.
Lots of radioactive units out there, but they’re so old now CID doesn’t actively hunt them.

I’d take an Atilla 200 over a PEQ-2, all day, every day.