• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Bi-pod help

Carlos Danger

Keeper of useless information
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2019
    Hoping for a little guidance. I purchased a rifle that came with an Atlas bipod (I believe its a BT10-LW17 V8 or similar based on what I can find, no ID numbers on it). I won't lie and pretend to know a lot about it. I had it on my RPR and decided to swap it over to another gun to do some range testing and load development. I can't seem to get it off the mount. It looks like I flipped the lever over the "wrong way" and I guess I don't have enough "slack" to release it from the mount. I'm pretty handy and engineering minded but I don't see any way to be able to remove it. I've stared at it and pondered for some time now. I understand how the tension lever works so it' wasn't tightened the way it should've been. It went on, but won't come off. Anyone have any suggestions?

Looks like this.....

1593817541568.png

See the tab in the lever? That has to be depressed as you're pulling the lever out.

Edit: If you'd spent 3 seconds doing a google search, you would have found this:

Quit wasting other peoples' time! (Kidding, just kidding (not))
    I saw the tab and know what it does. Problem is it's flipped in the other direction and isn't having any effect. Maybe I'll have to add some "mustard" to it.

Thanks for the help guys, especially kl3309. Figured out the issue.

Didn't realize how sensitive the pre-lock adjustment is before clamping it down. I had to tap out the roll pin holding on the tension lever to release it. Once I got it all back together I properly adjusted the tension (turning the recessed nut) so that I had just enough tension to clamp down but not so much I couldn't remove it. Lesson learned. Little nuances of using higher quality gear. Lesson learned.

Reactions: jd138
    Tried the regular. No go. guess the "Country" was what did the trick.
    000151651.jpeg