• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Atlas Bipod B-10 or B-46?

David4570

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
What is your experience and, if you do, why do you have a preference?

The reason I ask is because I have been looking at Atlas reviews and it seems the significant differences (other than price) are:
1) The legs on the B-46 do not turn.
2) The B-46 set-up does not allow the rifle to can't up and down.

Specifically I saw a you-tube video from a Gunwerks rep who said it was an advantage to have bipod legs that let the rifle rock back under recoil to prevent "hop". His Atlas bipod clearly allowed the gun to rock back and forth as he loaded the bipod before the shot followed by the recoil impulse. He said to avoid a bipod with stiff legs that did not allow this rocking motion.

Is the B-10 model made to allow the rifle to rock back under recoil to avoid "hop"? The B-46 is $100 more and has stiff legs which does not allow for this canting/rocking (i.e. the rifle does not cant up and down/rock back and forth, the way his did in the video).

I guess I have trouble believing that if it's on the internet, it must be true. LOL

did you write this post for me? i have been debating this for a while now.

Yes how did you know?
Actually I just bought the 46 today, but the guys I bought it from promised a refund if I didn't like it. I have been using a Versa-Pod unit that has some back and forth play and still get some hop so I went ahead with the purchase. Now I'm having second thoughts based on one video. I'm thinking that may be stupid so I was hoping to pick the minds of MUCH more experienced bipod users.
This 46 is stiff for sure.

Hmm. I have the 46 and it's great under recoil. I wouldn't have it any other way. Loading into the bipod has good feel and it tells you if your loading too much or not. Under recoil I don't lose the shot and at 600 I can see my 6 dasher's trace through the Minox. I don't really know what else to ask for. Out of a bipod.

I have both the bt-10 and the bt-46.

Get the bt-46, far better than the bt-10, it's improved so the legs don't rotate, and the whole thing doesn't tilt so much. The BT-10 has a lot of motion in it that's not really needed.

The only thing they could do to make them better would be to get rid of the pan.

On loading bipods, the extra play in the BT-10 doesn't help. I had no problems loading the BT-46. All you really do is take the slack out of the system, on the BT-10 you just have more slack to take out of the system.

Last edited:
Yes how did you know?
Actually I just bought the 46 today, but the guys I bought it from promised a refund if I didn't like it. I have been using a Versa-Pod unit that has some back and forth play and still get some hop so I went ahead with the purchase. Now I'm having second thoughts based on one video. I'm thinking that may be stupid so I was hoping to pick the minds of MUCH more experienced bipod users.
This 46 is stiff for sure.

haha. i knew it.

sweet, i would like to hear your report after your range trip with it to see if it is good. I am going to be running the spikes on mine since i shoot a lot on ground and wooden benches so i am not that worried about the legs rotating.

I guess has anyone had any problems with the legs rolling on them with the rubber feet?

I have both the bt-10 and the bt-46.

Get the bt-46, far better than the bt-10, it's improved so the legs don't rotate, and the whole thing doesn't tilt so much. The BT-10 has a lot of motion in it that's not really needed.

The only thing they could do to make them better would be to get rid of the pan.

On loading bipods, the extra play in the BT-10 doesn't help. I had no problems loading the BT-46. All you really do is take the slack out of the system, on the BT-10 you just have more slack to take out of the system.

Nice to have the pan on movers.

get the 46. the rotating legs suck. I like the movement actually on the 10, but it's too much, to the point of "floppy"

Thanks to all for your advice. I know that there are so many things I don't know, that will effect ones ability to be consistently accurate, that I may ask really dumb questions rom time to time.
This may have been one of them. I am just trying to eliminate using something that has a known (to this community) built in error inducing factor that could easily be prevented.

I do not have a large enough budget to try every wizbang product only to find it was a waste of time, energy and money. The information I get here has given me some assurances the problems I experience are related to me, rather than my equipment (with its own recognized limitations). So I'll keep acquiring one good piece of equipment at a time while working on my skills which are still very limited!

Thanks again.

get the 46. the rotating legs suck. I like the movement actually on the 10, but it's too much, to the point of "floppy"[/QU

I agree wholeheartedly...That is the only reason I returned the 10 and got the 46 (PSR). When I had the bipod on a hard surface, the gun would roll away from me!

The more I hear, the more I'm glad I spent the extra quid. I gave the Versa-pod to a friend who, I am sure, will prefer over the lumpy back-pack he was using for his M1A. It's hot and humid down here in So. Florida but I hope to get these new legs out soon.