• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod feet have been redesigned

Near miss

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2019
    Finland
    I had one feet have its rubber come off around a year ago, asked Atlas why it was built so crappy, just glued-on rubber, on a nice piece of aluminum. (compared to the bipod itself you could think it is a knock-off).

Well, few days ago the other foot started loosening up so I emailed them again.

They said that they have redesigned it, looks like just what I recommended them to do!

The rubber part is now screwed on. It is hollow inside but the rubber is slightly tougher. And it grabs just as well.

I want to add that I really have used my atlas in all terrains, hot and cold. I was not surprised to see the second foot come loose after I saw the old design with the first one.

But Atlas was very quick to deliver new ones to me from thousands of miles away. I do not expect to give them a call anymore after having these feet.

Here is the old design:
    20191109_013125.jpg

20191109_013202.jpg

And here is the new design:
    20191109_012640.jpg

20191109_012937.jpg

I just received a new bipod from euro optic and it also has the new style.

Nice. This was one of my biggest complaints. Glad they resolved it.

I'm glad you guys like the new foot. We actually used that original style for years without an issue, in fact I decided on that foot because I could not tear the rubber off the insert! The rep told me that if I could, they would consider it a failure of thier part and they would replace it. That sold me and was what, 8 years ago? But unbeknown to us, about 24-30 months ago, our vendor went to china with the "steel" insert part and they used a zink plating that was not standard zink plating as we know it. This zink finish prevented proper bonding 100% of the time. We discovered this in QC straight away and rejected a ton of them, demanded they bring that part back to USA which they did. We also agreed to transition to this new design to eliminate that failure. Very frustrating especially when that foot failure is a standard feature of the counterfeit bipods.....