• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod - leg release not working

cega

Supreme Сasual Dating Verified Females
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Has anyone had any trouble with the push button leg release not working? By that I mean the small silver button that needs to be pushed in order to swivel the legs in to whichever position you want. Normally it snaps back once the pin indexes with a notch.

This morning I pulled the Atlas out to get it mounted up on a new build that just got to me yesterday (Thanks Mark @ Accurate Ordnance!)and ran in to a problem where one of the silver buttons that you have to push to swivel the leg doesn't work properly. I can push it in and swivel the leg but it won't snap in to place once I index it on one of the notches. It almost is as if the spring that should snap it in place is either missing or broken.

I can rotate/spin the working button fairly easily, the non-working one not so easily and it feels "notchy" for lack of a better term - like there is a burr or something internal to that mechanism.

I'm tempted to hose it down with some WD-40 and see if that loosens it up but before doing that I thought I'd see if anyone has run in to a similar problem and if so what was the cause, solution etc.

Thanks for any ideas on this one.

Re: Atlas bipod - leg release not working

The guys at Accushot were in their shop today, did you try calling them?

They will be more than happy address any issues that you may have.

Steve -

I was in meetings most of the day and didn't have a chance to call but I will try to get on the phone with them either today or Monday.

Hard to think this is an older Atlas - I purchased within the last 3 months or so from Mile High.

Carl

Sounds dirty to me. No harm in trying something like lighter fluid to see if you can flush it out.

hmm, got a nice new can of brake cleaner so I'll go hose it down with that and see what happens.

Thanks CNC.

once you get it flushed out go back with some silicone lube maybe even a dry lube alot of that kind of equipment has a detent in it of just well made fitted parts and wet lube gums up and holds dirt. a silicon based lube should not... BTW I know everyone uses WD-40 as a lube and its not! WD stands for water displacement

SASSdriver -

Hosing it out with brake cleaner seems to have improved it somewhat though it still feels as if there is a burr or something in the bore where the button rides. I'll give it a shot of some dry lube and then see if I work that button a bunch tonight watching TV if it knocks down whatever is causing that button to drag and hang up.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CEGA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve -

I was in meetings most of the day and didn't have a chance to call but I will try to get on the phone with them either today or Monday.

Hard to think this is an older Atlas - I purchased within the last 3 months or so from Mile High.

Carl </div></div>

You are correct, Mile High = Good People.

Kasey will definitely take care of you. He is a perfectionist and it will drive him nuts to know that an Atlas left his shop in anything less than perfect condition.

Give him a call Monday, I'm sure he'll want to figure out what's wrong with your Atlas and make it right.