• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Bipod mounting question?

Charlie112

Herd Thinner
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2017
USA
I want to install an Atlas Bipod on my rifle, however, my factory stock at this time has only a front stud, how do I make this happen, if at all? Do they make an adapter of some sort??

Thanks, Charlie 112

I want to install an Atlas Bipod on my rifle, however, my factory stock at this time has only a front stud, how do I make this happen, if at all? Do they make an adapter of some sort??

Thanks, Charlie 112
My MCM A3 had the same issue, only a bipod/sling stud. I followed the directions from the link that @theLBC posted, which were way too easy to do, and now I have the Atlas bipod rail installed. Another option, depending on your needs, you can snag something like an Area 419 Arca rail and attach it (essentially) the same way.
Good luck!

Reactions: Charlie112
Decide what type of rail you want - a Picatinny rail or Arca would be my recommendation. The difference between the two is that the Pic rail has indents that allow you to move the bipod forward and back by placing its head/adapter in one of them. The Arca rail is a slide, which allows you to... well... slide your bipod to any position along its length.

I have a Pic rail on my 300 PRC and an Arca on my 6mm. I prefer the Arca. Below is a pic of the Arca. In either case, if you've only got a single stud, you will likely need to drill a second hole to mount the rail.

6mmBRA-3.jpg

Reactions: 1911Operator
ARCA. The ability to quickly and easily slide the bipod back&forth several inches is very very useful in competition where one shoots from all kinds of props. With a pic rail, the bipod or whatever has to be completely removed. No way that's happening on the clock.