• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Atlas Bipod Question

swage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Westlake, OH
Can you mount an ADM 170-S to the regular clamp on version BT-10 Atlas bipod? I just purchased the regular clamp on version and would like to retrofit it with the ADM mount.

Re: Atlas Bipod Question

I just pulled mine out of the safe to take a look. Doesn't look like it would be able to. Hard to describe without pictures, but it looks like two very different heads between the ADM mount and the BT-10 rail system...

I looked at my Atlas bipods. The BT-10 with two screws clamp assembly has a different attachment then the lever style mount. The one with the lever style mount is attach with a slotted rail and hex screws. The regular one with clamp screw assembly does not have this. So no I don't think you can, but you can probably call Accu-shot to see whether or not you can send it in to be retrofitted.

Damn, that's too bad. Thanks for the replies. How do those that have the clamp on version like them? Any disadvantages?

StanwoodSpartan and vkc are correct, the BT10 has a different mounting feature than the BT10-NC.

We can convert a BT10 to a BT10-NC in-house for 60.00.

The work around is to get a rail that will mate to the 17S size lever mount, put the rail on the lever mount then you can clamp the BT10 to it. This will add some height, approximately .25-.375".

We have such a rail, we'll call it part # BT33, cost is 17.95 and we sell the ADM AD-170-S lever for 60.00.

Kasey,

I ordered the BT17 rail and mounting kit last week. It's on back order right now. Can I use the BT10 V8 with that rail or do I have to get it converted?

swage, the BT10 with its two screw clamping attachment method will mount up to any picatinny rail.

Thanks Kasey. I'll try this version out and maybe upgrade to the ADM mount in the future.

The BT10 does everything needed if dedicating to a rifle, if not then the convenience of the lever is hard to beat.