• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Bipod Ski Feet

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
Would like opinions on using Atlas Bipod's ski feet when shooting off a bench. I have a Atlas Bipod (basic BT 65 model) on my Seekins Havak Bravo 6.5 CM that I used exclusively for bench shooting. I've learned to preload it and also position it against a 20 pound bag of shot so I can return it to the same position (more or less) after each shot. I'm looking at adding Atlas's ski feet to my bipod so it will in theory recoil straight back and be less prone to hop. Would appreciate any comments on using these feet for bench shooting.

I have a set of Pod Paws (bet no one has heard of these) that I use on my Harris bipod and they do a great job of helping the rifle track well from a bench. They're basically like the ski feet that being round and flat on the bottom so the rifle slides rearward after the shot.

Thanks much!!

My opinion on the bipod ski feet is that they are meant to displace weight to the ground for the heavier rifles (.50 cals, etc).

I don’t have any experience personally…

Is there a reason why the current solution you’re using (Pod Paws) isn’t making the mark?

I'm using my Harris bipod & Pod Paws on a Savage 110 Tactical and need the ski feet for my Seekins which has the Atlas.

Thanks

688-BT23-Atlas-Ski-Feet.jpg

Just received and installed Atlas's ski feet on my Seekins and really like them. I don't have to worry about bipod loading, just position the feet against a 20 pound bag of shot and shoot. For bench work they are going to work well for me.