• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

atlas bipod

jayjaytuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Geneva, New York
are these primarily for AR's...they look pretty nice, anyone here use one, didn't know if they work with a regular bolt gun w/ front stud

Re: atlas bipod

Don't work with a front stud, but you can get small pic rails from Accu-Shot or Seekins which will mount in place of the front stud(s).

They are very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used one for the Cup and wont go back to a Harris.

</div></div>

im assuming on a bolt gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes.

Send your stock to GAP and they can install one. </div></div>

Does it have to be installed by a gunsmith?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes.

Send your stock to GAP and they can install one. </div></div>

Does it have to be installed by a gunsmith?</div></div>

No. It should be an easy install for those willing to try. I personally don't have the time.

So those of you who have used this bipod and all of the others on the market, prefer the Atlas even over the Harris?

I do like how lo-profile the Atlas is.

But does it have the quick deploy like the Harris does?

Johnnyscience,

I "played" with one that Kasey had on his table last weekend at the Tulsa Gun Show and I believe it will deploy as quick at the Harris.

The Atlas feels very solid.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But does it have the quick deploy like the Harris does?

</div></div>

Once you get used to it. It's actually faster for me now because on the harris I inevitably hit the little spring release and one of the legs would pop out fully extended on me, so then I'd have to fix that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So those of you who have used this bipod and all of the others on the market, prefer the Atlas even over the Harris?
</div></div>

And hell yes. Harris vs Atlas is like Outhouse vs Bathroom.

Is there a standard spacing between two studs up front on stocks like Manners or McMillian? I'm trying to see which 1913 rail I need for my T2A Manners. I tried to call but no one was picking up the phone at B&T.

Maybe someone can measure, they all seem to vary some. My LTR HS precision had around 2.25" spacing, the B&C tactical is closer to 2.75" spacing. I believe the mcmillians are in the 3" range but I could be totally wrong there.

I ended up using the accushot BT15 on my B&C light tactical, but it required using one sling stud and then drilling/tapping another hole for the second screw and plugging the original second sling stud hole. The BT15 also has a lot of curve to it's stock side face and on wider flatter forearms like the light tactical it does not at all fit the stock profile aside on the edges. Time will tell if it will end up indenting into the stock and loosening up with use. If I had it to do over again I would have used some bedding compound to effectively bed the rail to the stock profile.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you are liking the Atlas.

Guys I do not think any stock maker uses a templet for sling studs. I have talked to a couple and it is done by eye UNLESS specified. The only solution is to measure the hole spacing then find a rail with same.

Bacarrat, sorry to have missed your call.

ToddM, the BT15 is for a stock that has a radius on the bottom, if the stock is flat, the BT17 is better, both have slots so as to work with a range of hole spacings. And if you do not need/want the flush cup which both the BT15 and BT17 have, then any 1913 rail can work. Seekins makes a nice low profile rail and I believe Badger makes several as well.

just recieved my atlas today from adam @ bauerarms

this thing it the shit! already like this alot better than the harris!