• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas BT10 Bipod

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
Just recently I won a gift certificate for $ off an Atlas bipod, I'm currently using a Harris benchrest pod. The Atlas will be used on my Seekins Havak Bravo for benchrest work only. I looked at the many models available and believe the BT10 will work well for me, my question is would any of the other models benefit me more than the BT10?

Thanks!

I have the BT10 and use to have Super CAL. Now I just run the regular CAL on all my rifles. I like the wider stance... without the bulk of Super CAL

If you're doing benchrest work only you might be interested in the bipod with wider legs in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Don't know about the other models. I have been running the Atlas BT10 for like 4 years now and never looked at anything else. Shooting 6.5 CM mostly Benchrest and Prone. Works fine so I have never looked further.

VooDoo

Reactions: Badjujuu
I have had the the BT10, BT46, and the CAL. I prefer the CAL due to it easy to manipulate locking lever and wider stance. The BT46 has legs that don’t rotate whereas the BT10 legs rotate. I haven’t experienced any issues with the rotating legs but others may have.

For benchrest I prefer the 5-H. It locks solidly and keeps the rifle from canting over from recoil. The other models can perform just as well, but you'd have to tighten them up significantly to keep them from canting whereas the 5-H you can just use the cam lock to unlock it and then adjust so it's level then lock it in place.

The bt10 pans and has legs that will roll on you so I would skip that and go with the cal as it doesnt pan and wont roll on you. If you do want pan then the psr is the better option over the bt10 IMO.
Yup. I forgot to mention the panning feature. I don’t like the panning so the Atlas BT10 and BT46 got put on my air rifle and and rarely used Bergara. It’s not awful but it’s extra movement I don’t like and rarely use.

I performed some more research on the Atlas bipods and looking at the BT65 model for the following reasons.

* as I'll be shooting strictly from a bench I like the non-rotating leg feature
* it does not have a pan feature which for my benchrest shooting I don't believe I will need
* it has the right height range I want for bench shooting
* I'm wanting to keep the price in the $200 range which this one at $240 fits the bill

Thoughts on this are much appreciated

Thanks

I don't think you can go far wrong with an Atlas no matter which particular model you fancy.

VooDoo