• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas CAL - Slop/play in cant mechanism

CShooter92

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I've got a genuine Atlas CAL Gen 2 NC w/ Area 419 arca clamp and lately I've been noticing some slop in the cant mechanism that I don't remember before. When the podloc lever is left loose, I can cant the bipod side to side slightly with zero tension before it grabs tension. When the podloc lever is locked down, there is still that slight amount of play in the mechanism until it hits a stop. Any ideas? I've taken it all apart, put it back together and it still happens.

What did B&T say about it when you contacted them?

Tage the lever off and tighten the nylon lock nut. It will fix it

Check the two screws that attaches the bipod to the mount. Make sure they are tight. I have the same bipod with ADM mount and it is solid.

Tage the lever off and tighten the nylon lock nut. It will fix it
When I do that, it locks the bipod. If I back it off slightly so that it can cant, the slop is there. It's like the mount spins slightly before engaging the rod that the nylon lock nut is on.
Check the two screws that attaches the bipod to the mount. Make sure they are tight. I have the same bipod with ADM mount and it is solid.
There are not 2 screws. Just the one threaded rod that runs through the bipod to the mount. I have taken the 419 clamp off the mount as well to make sure this isn't the issue.

Email was sent last night and haven't heard back yet. Figured I could ask here and see if anyone had any ideas in the meantime.

They are helpful and responsive so I’m sure you’ll get it worked out.

Reactions: CShooter92
Returned my atlas for repair work. They went through the whole bipod fixed the cant problem you r having, replaced rubber feet, cleaned the the whole thing up. This is why u buy top end equipment, the makers stand by there work and fix the stuff we destroy. B&t is awesome!

Had the same issue with a Super Cal.
Mine has a roll pin. I took it out and opened it up with a tapered pin punch. Not much, but it took care of the slop.
May have to be a maintenance item, but no big deal.
No not a big deal at all, and I have no issues doing regular maintenance on it. I'm just looking for the answer.

Just sent mine back today. After tightening the podloc as far as it will go, I still get movement. After discussions with customer service and determining I'm the latest generation the conclusion is that the bolt that the podloc screws to has a larger diameter section that the podloc bottoms out on and you can no longer tighten it. At first they were going to send some parts then changed to send it in and we'll fix it. Mine had a date code of 9/2019 on the package and I got it from Euro in April. They did pick up the shipping to them as it was only 7/8 months old. Worked fine when I first got it and over time it just wouldn't tighten enough to stop movement.

Because of how I'm treated by Kasey and Brandi, BT Industries is the first vendor I contact when I need Bipods or Mounts. (y)

Reactions: SonicBurlap