• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Cal Tall vs Super Cal

CK1.0

\m/ SLAYER \m/
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2020
Nashville
For anyone who owns or has used both, which one and why..? This will become my main bench/prone bipod for general range use and PRS matches.

I'll also be carrying/keeping/using a pimped-out Harris BRMS fitted with Hawk Hill Talons (and JKL Precision covers) for when I need quick deployment, spikes, or a smaller footprint.

(I looked at a TBAC but am not interested since the feet spin, which is one of the main things I'm not a fan of with the Harris sometimes...)

Thanks.

Used both, then bought the Super Cal. Its super stable! The wide stance is like cheating. I have the RRS mount that works on picatinny or arca and would buy again in a heartbeat.
X2

I hope to check out a Super CAL at some point, I just hope the cant tension is better than the other Atlases I’ve tried, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet… and also need to check out a TBAC if I ever come across one besides the middle of a match…

Truthfully, since posting this I’ve sort of put buying bipods out of my mind and am in no hurry… I like my pimped-out Harris and honestly don’t think it’s ever cost me any points.

• Sad
Reactions: 1911hombre
I hope to check out a Super CAL at some point, I just hope the cant tension is better than the other Atlases I’ve tried, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet… and also need to check out a TBAC if I ever come across one besides the middle of a match…

Truthfully, since posting this I’ve sort of put buying bipods out of my mind and am in no hurry… I like my pimped-out Harris and honestly don’t think it’s ever cost me any points.

You don't know what you don't know and shooting off a Harris vs a Super Cal is like comparing a 4cyl to a V8.

I too have a pimped out Harrus BRM 6-9 that I carry around for matches incase I am shooting off the sidewall of a tire where I need a very narrow footprint but other than that, there is simply ZERO comparison of stability. I'm actually shocked more guys in PRS don't run the as they really are noticeably more stable. Mine locks up nice and solid from cant also.

There's a reason F class guys run wide bipod, something to think about.....

I have both a CAL with leg extensions and a Super CAL. I find myself using the Super CAL more than the CAL. I like the increased stability and will gladly pay the weight/bulk penalty for that stability. My uses are at the range and prairie dog towns. I've not shot a PRS match.