• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Cal vs S Cal vs Elite Iron bipod

Ryan.Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 16, 2018
    So been a long time snipers hide looker. Newer member. Looking for some guidance. I have recently sold 3 rifles to build one dream rifle. I have been going over the build list and updating it with exactly what I want when it comes to action, chassis, barrel, and scope. So far I just purchased a ZCO 5-27 with mpct2 retical from Mile high consider it is a hell of a deal with the free spuhr mount. I have a 26" 6.5 saum Bartlien 8.7 to 7.7 left gain twist barrel and 26" 6.5 creed Proof barrel for the shorter stuff. Hopefully this week I will be putting in my order for a MPA matrix. Will be calling Ultimatum on Monday " hopefully they are open because of this covid shit" to order a Deadline action.

I have been looking at bipods and just can't say yep this is the one I want that will accomplish my mission. My normal shooting consists of mid range f class at my local club "600 yards". I am interested in doing some prs, nrl type of shooting but have not felt confident enough in my skills to start as of yet but will be working on that now. I have access to a 1000 yard range and hopefully will be able to go there. I am looking for a bipod that is super stable and flexible. Weight is not a really a issue. As I will carry a little more weight if I get what I need out of the bipod. My go to for along time was the elite iron revolution but now I am more looking at the atlas scal but to be honest there is not alot of info about the scal. There is alot about the cal but not the scal. Is there alot of benefits going from a cal to scal? Or is there advantages that I don't see going from a scal to a elite iron? My thought was get a scal with the area 419 arca mount so I can adjust it for when I would like to do some positional shooting in like a nrl or pro type situation but still be able to have it all the way out for the stability doing f class shooting. Am I on the right track or is there somthing I am missing? I know this is a very long post. Trying to give you guys the most information so you can steer me in the right direction. There is a ton of knowledge here and appreciate all the info everyone puts out. Thanks

For PRS or NRL I think the people experienced with will tell you that the CAL is the better choice.
    The SCAL are pretty big for port hole and tight spots.

For prone and some other positions the SCAL and Elite Iron are amazing.

Reactions: Ryan.Johnson
    I haven’t shot that many matches and I’ve found that I need more than one bipod. I run a cal most of the time but I like my tall psr for narrow props and shooting up hill. Different tools for different situations. I agree that the Cal would be best for prs/nrl out of the bipods you listed.

I got both of the atlas u listed but not the elite.the s cal is great for prone shooting, I use use it for ftr rig .but is way to big for prs matches, I use the cal for them works good. Hope it helps