• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Gen2 CAL

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
So as I've been living in a blender, when I was made aware of the new TBAC bipod it dawned on me I had failed to post up any pictures of the Gen2 CAL that we are shipping now.... So, here are some pictures of the BT65 Gen2 CAL that mounts with two screw clamp. Of course we have the NC and LW17 models ( You can get all details here - https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/51-cal-atlas-bipods ) The Gen2 CAL allows the end user to adjust the amount of pre-tension to their individual preference, then use the Pod-Loc to Loc it if desired. We also moved the legs out front as suggested. We got the profile lower, a lot lower, like under 1.10" (legs forward, Pod-Loc at 3 O'clock) and raised the Apex in doing so and all Atlas still use the intentional, "Hold what you move technology" all at a cost that seems very reasonable compared to many of the bipods on todays market. I'm pretty jazzed about this no-pan bipod, the pictures are of the standard BT65 that has the following features -

• Height Range: 4.75 – 9.0" approximately
  • Cant: 15 degrees +/-
  • 5 leg positions: 0, 45, 90, 135 and 180 degrees
  • Non-Rotating Legs: outer leg does not rotate around inner leg
  • PSR style inner legs
  • Weight: 12.94 ounces
  • Footprint: 9.75 – 13"
  • Optional feet
  • Designed, manufactured and Built in the USA
(if you bought a Gen1 CAL, we will make conversion at no cost other than you pay return S&H, we will start doing these conversion no later than Feb. 2019 and there is no expiration date on this offer. We are back-logged but once we fill the last of the Gen1 orders, we will be pulling parts for conversions so waiting till mid-late Feb is suggested.)

Attachments

• CAL 1.jpg
    CAL 1.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 377
  • CAL 2.jpg
    CAL 2.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 404
  • CAL 3.jpg
    CAL 3.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 370
Looks good! I'll wait to send my Gen1 in as suggested, but definitely lookig forward to it!

Looks great Kasey. I agree with price of the Atlas bipods being a good value compared to the cost creep we're seeing on other options ($400+). I also like that you offer your bipods sans mount for those of us that decide to use another mounting clamp - that makes them an ever better value since you don't end up chucking the $65 ADM picatinny mount in a bin.

I just need to decide if "no pan" is the way to go. I've been using a PSR for the past 3 years and don't know if I'd benefit from the switch to the CAL since I've never felt a disadvantage to the panning.

Looks good! I'll wait to send my Gen1 in as suggested, but definitely lookig forward to it!
Thanks, I'll try to post up when we are starting the conversions, we got another batch of parts off to finishers late today so we're cranking on them!

Fantastic bipods, solidly built. I used a gen 1 on my SAC .284.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it, my thought is you'd like the Gen2 better! Your bipod, your call, we'll support your decision!

Looks great Kasey. I agree with price of the Atlas bipods being a good value compared to the cost creep we're seeing on other options ($400+). I also like that you offer your bipods sans mount for those of us that decide to use another mounting clamp - that makes them an ever better value since you don't end up chucking the $65 ADM picatinny mount in a bin.

I just need to decide if "no pan" is the way to go. I've been using a PSR for the past 3 years and don't know if I'd benefit from the switch to the CAL since I've never felt a disadvantage to the panning.

LOL, yes I think it was 2005 when we brought out the Atlas V7 at 210.00 and my how some howled at that price! The other big issue was "nobody will want to put a picatinny rail on thier rifle".... Funny stuff. We have not raised our prices in something like 7-9 years, but if the logic becomes bipods worth shooting off of need to cost over 300.00, guess we can raise our prices? And today, we sell picitinny rails for rifles that come with sling studs.
The PAN feature was a military requirement and has absolute value when shooting in the field, coupled with multiple usable leg positions Atlas can be used and adapted to more positions thn a non-panning bipod with less leg positions. Fact is most shooters are use to CANT only bipods but they liked the patented leg positions of the Atlas and thats what the CAL delivers. As far as benefit? Wider footprint for more stability and lower profile... overal, I'd say no need to switch.

I'm out, long week. SHOT is coming like a freight train! Booth 20135 in LE section so if you make it out, stop by!

Hmmmm. I have the V7 and a PSR. This may have to be my next Altas bipod. Unless you can retrofit my V7 :)

Absolutely love my CAL! You guys have everybody beat easy, especially on value. I’ll be ordering my second soon

Thanks, I'll try to post up when we are starting the conversions, we got another batch of parts off to finishers late today so we're cranking on them!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, my thought is you'd like the Gen2 better! Your bipod, your call, we'll support your decision!

LOL, yes I think it was 2005 when we brought out the Atlas V7 at 210.00 and my how some howled at that price! The other big issue was "nobody will want to put a picatinny rail on thier rifle".... Funny stuff. We have not raised our prices in something like 7-9 years, but if the logic becomes bipods worth shooting off of need to cost over 300.00, guess we can raise our prices? And today, we sell picitinny rails for rifles that come with sling studs.
The PAN feature was a military requirement and has absolute value when shooting in the field, coupled with multiple usable leg positions Atlas can be used and adapted to more positions thn a non-panning bipod with less leg positions. Fact is most shooters are use to CANT only bipods but they liked the patented leg positions of the Atlas and thats what the CAL delivers. As far as benefit? Wider footprint for more stability and lower profile... overal, I'd say no need to switch.

I'm out, long week. SHOT is coming like a freight train! Booth 20135 in LE section so if you make it out, stop by!

Now when I see sling studs on a rifle, my first though is “ugh.....why would ya?”

Hmmmm. I have the V7 and a PSR. This may have to be my next Altas bipod. Unless you can retrofit my V7 :)

LOL, Sir your ownership of a V7 speaks to your patronage of Atlas, so yes, we'll "retrofit" your V7. Thank you!
Absolutely love my CAL! You guys have everybody beat easy, especially on value. I’ll be ordering my second soon

Thank you! Constantly refining our efficiencies keeps our costs down and wanting to be fair to the consumers motivates us to do so. Just like non rotational legs, the cost to make them is more than legs that will rotate, yet they are better so we kept that feature on the CAL bipods. Is your CAL a Gen1 or Gen 2?

I absolutely love my Atlas Cal Gen2. I sold my Ckye pod after using the Cal Gen2.

Thank you sir!

Now when I see sling studs on a rifle, my first though is “ugh.....why would ya?”

True that!

So the CAL models include-

BT65 - two screw clamp on style

BT65-NC - is the No Clamp model (from website the NC will accomodate- ADM-170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP from Badger Ordnance, LT271 or any Arca dovetail mount with the same hole pattern. The BT46-NC will also mount directly our BT19 (AI) and BT21 (TRG) spigots.)

BT65-LW17 - Lever With 17 (same as the BT65-NC but has the ADM 170S lever mount)

And yes, B&T is currently using ADM lever mounts on the Atlas bipods and has been for 9-10 years, no changes there.

Reactions: HoustonB77
LOL, Sir your ownership of a V7 speaks to your patronage of Atlas, so yes, we'll "retrofit" your V7. Thank you!

You’re quite welcome! My V7 is from one of the first 2 group buys/production runs that you offered here.

I had 2 V7’s. I sold one when life forced me to have to thin the herd. It was the model with the built in clamp. The one I still have originally came with an ARMS throw lever. It has been replaced with a Larue throw lever.

When I picked the precision rifle hobby back up there was no question who’s bipod I would run. My order for my AI rifle included a BT19 and PSR bipod.

I honestly don’t know that I want to retrofit my old V7. It’s still perfectly serviceable.

I will be picking up one of these new CAL bipods as I think they’ll be great off the bench, but I don’t want to give up the pan feature when I’m in the field hunting.

Since the V7 was released Atlas bipods are all that I’ve owned.

Damn that sounds like a friggin commercial :poop:

Wow, thanks for sharing that! I'll respect your decision, just know my offer stands without expiration date.

I just got back from the range with my cal gen 2 I got the bt65nc and stuck my rrs btc pro on it and I must say I may never own a different bipod. Solid as a rock, I didn't miss the panning at all. It "feels" much more solid as a base than my PSR and that honestly may be due to the panning.

Well done.

One note when the legs are set towards the back the nut on the rrs btc pro hits the leg and will keep you from loosening the nut to say slide it on the arca rail. Not a big deal but something to know if your looking at that rrs clamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjay
Loving my cal gen 1. Replaced my older v8. Love the non rotating legs and no pan! Can’t wait to get it updated to the gen 2. Should fix my only complaint. I also have a ckye bipod and prefer the cal for most shooting.

I just picked one up, my first though upon inspection was where have you been all my life..

I just got back from the range with my cal gen 2 I got the bt65nc and stuck my rrs btc pro on it and I must say I may never own a different bipod. Solid as a rock, I didn't miss the panning at all. It "feels" much more solid as a base than my PSR and that honestly may be due to the panning.

Well done.

One note when the legs are set towards the back the nut on the rrs btc pro hits the leg and will keep you from loosening the nut to say slide it on the arca rail. Not a big deal but something to know if your looking at that rrs clamp.

Thank you! We have heard about making an Atlas without Pan since the introduction of the Atlas V7! I'm a bit slow.... And yes, while we try to accomodate different mounts and RRS has been great to work with, I decided to let that interferance stand instead of pushing the bipod away from the rifle to gain clearance in that one position that I believe that is a low percentage issue. The lower profile and higher Apex took priority.

Loving my cal gen 1. Replaced my older v8. Love the non rotating legs and no pan! Can’t wait to get it updated to the gen 2. Should fix my only complaint. I also have a ckye bipod and prefer the cal for most shooting.

Thank you and I hope you "love" the Gen2 even more!

I just picked one up, my first though upon inspection was where have you been all my life..

Funny stuff, you made me laugh, thanks.

I had no problem with the gen 1 cal ordered a gen 2 also instead of getting a retrofit can’t wait to see which I like better may keep one of each may have gen 1 updated we’ll see either way glad you decided to go the panless route

So if I placed an order for a brand new one right now, approximately how many months would I need to expect to wait before it showed up?

So if I placed an order for a brand new one right now, approximately how many months would I need to expect to wait before it showed up?
I ordered mine form Short Action Precision website, had it in my hands in 3 days..

I had no problem with the gen 1 cal ordered a gen 2 also instead of getting a retrofit can’t wait to see which I like better may keep one of each may have gen 1 updated we’ll see either way glad you decided to go the panless route

Thank you for your patronage! The Gen1 to Gen2 conversion does not have a deadline. And yes, the CAL was the result of many, many requests, in fact since the V7 was introduced, to make a Cant only Atlas. Lord willing, B&T now has the structure in place to push out other projects that have been waiting on Kasey!!

SORRY!!! I should have mentioned this....We have been shipping ALL back orders that were placed for the Gen1 this includes many of our dealers. So anyone looking for a CAL, please check with your local dealers first before ordering from us. If you order from us, I'm being told it'll be late Feburary early March. We will have some at SHOT (booth 20135 in LE section) but none for sale.

I ordered mine form Short Action Precision website, had it in my hands in 3 days..

Thanks for posting this up, I should have mentioned that before. I need a keeper! LOLj

Can we still send in the Gen 1 for the conversion? What's the turn around time now? Thanks

Thank you for your business!

Yes you can, no charge except you pay the freight to us only if US address, pay freight both ways if international. contact [email protected] for RMA.