• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Lathe Identification

Rathmatik

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2020
KCMO
There’s an Atlas lathe being sold at a local sale. Does anyone know which model the large lathe is in these photos? I’m just trying to see if this is a decent machine and potentially worth picking up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

F5D09561-7ACF-420B-A68F-6D5DF5F58436.jpeg

34C162B2-2607-439E-A469-7AA0CAC7270B.jpeg

D6D8BE52-9801-44C3-9C06-D3D6F3E1339C.jpeg

There’s an Atlas lathe being sold at a local sale. Does anyone know which model the large lathe is in these photos? I’m just trying to see if this is a decent machine and potentially worth picking up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, early, that’s not all bad,, looks like it has all the feet,, check the “ways” , they look good from what I can see,, drive belt system looks like my 1968 / 1969 shop lathe in school,,,, attachments as , jaws etc. might just need cleaned and that goes for the complete unit. I don’t know what that model goes for,,, but I would not be afraid to purchase at a decent price… I am sure I could make some chips,,
Charlie112
View attachment 7711260
View attachment 7711261
View attachment 7711263

Reactions: sandwarrior
I’ve had a few lathes over the years, I’m not sure that’s an Atlas, the label says Atlas Quick Change, but it doesn’t have a quick change box on it, or from what I can see from the parts. Also, I don’t recall an Atlas looking like that from my previous research. The lathe on the bottom, no idea what that one is though. If you‘re looking to buy it to use it, it’s going to need some work. Good luck!