• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas PSR v TB Bipod for SPR

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I’m trying to decide between these two bipods. My biggest gripe about the Atlas in general regardless of model is having to press buttons to manipulate the legs.

I have always had the atlas PSR and makes me wonder if I’d miss the panning feature compared to the TB bipod. Does the wider stance of the TB make a big difference in stability? The wider stance and not needing to press buttons to fold the legs up/down is the biggest draw to the TB bipod.

For me personally, the fact I need to push a button to rotate the leg on an Atlas bipod is pretty much a non-issue because I can still drop them both in a few seconds. I've never missed a target or timed out on a stage because I couldn't drop the bipod legs fast enough. Have you considered the Atlas CAL? It's a little less expensive than the TBAC but also has a wider foot than the PRS without the pan feature as well.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I really like the CAL, so much so that I think I've only used my modified Harris bipods once or twice in the past couple years. I switched out the ADM QD mount for a RRS BTC-Pro clamp so I can run it on pic and ARCA rails. On my SPR I run a section of ARCA rail at the back of the handguard and a pic rail upfront so that not only is easy for me to attach it to a tripod but I can also run my bipod further back if the situation dictates it. If I mount the CAL on the ARCA rail and fold the legs back I can also use the CAL as a quasi gamer plate to give me a wide foot print to run off a bag.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I am kind of blown away by the TB bipod. The only thing it can't do that I wish it did was flip the legs back 180 degrees for storage. If you want to stow it with legs back you need to unclamp it and physically flip it around and reattach.

Other than that it is super stable. Love the spring loaded legs if you need to quickly get in position. It has just the right amount of movement for me when loading the bipod and my groups are better with the TB.

All that being said, the CAL is very nice and if you are not looking for any of the features that the TB has I would not spend the extra money.

Last edited:
I have the CAL on mine. Does everything I need it to do, and has been really sturdy for me. Will definitely buy another one.

You have probably already seen this but if not its a good overview of the TB features:

Reactions: longshot2000
I’ve been considering the CAL as well, but the only benefit was the wider footprint and cheaper cost vs the other two.

I guess panning isn’t that big of a deal. My only concern with the TB bipod is the leg extensions getting jammed up with debris while on hunts.

Being shorter in stature just makes for a pain making bipod adjustments while already in the prone. That’s the big draw to the TB bipod for me.

Depending on the rifle size, I really like the Atlas or Cadex bipods. I have not tried the Thunderbeast. Thanks, @the monk for the video. Cadex works wonders on larger caliber rifles and heavy barrels. Atlas is my go-to, but also consider Tango Down which makes an awesome polymer bipod. Harris and Magpul deserve honorable mention.

I have the BT10 and decided to pick up a CAL for another rifle. I thought I would miss the pan feature but that’s not the case at all, I actually prefer the CAL.

Reactions: aslrookie
I’ve been considering the CAL as well, but the only benefit was the wider footprint and cheaper cost vs the other two.

I guess panning isn’t that big of a deal. My only concern with the TB bipod is the leg extensions getting jammed up with debris while on hunts.

Being shorter in stature just makes for a pain making bipod adjustments while already in the prone. That’s the big draw to the TB bipod for me.
You don’t have to be shorter in stature to appreciate how easy it is to deploy the TBAC bipod. I have both it and the CAL, and while I love them both, the TBAC is the one that I put on my comp rifle where I need a bipod for a dynamic environment that won’t slow me down. The Atlas CAL stays on my range rifle where I shoot prone 75% of the time. Both are solid though and I’m glad I’ve got both.

Reactions: aslrookie
You don’t have to be shorter in stature to appreciate how easy it is to deploy the TBAC bipod. I have both it and the CAL, and while I love them both, the TBAC is the one that I put on my comp rifle where I need a bipod for a dynamic environment that won’t slow me down. The Atlas CAL stays on my range rifle where I shoot prone 75% of the time. Both are solid though and I’m glad I’ve got both.
This^. Love my TBAC. Like my cal a good bit too.

I LOVE my TBAC. It just hit all the points on my wishlist for a bipod both at the range and in the field hunting. I use it on several different rifles using the QD rail mount.

I prefer my ol' Harris over my Atlas PSR on my Recce/SPR thing. I love the PSR on my main precision and calling rifles though. All about the use case. I can see a TBAC in my future.

The Atlas has never felt slow, but rather i tend to lazily throw the bipod out on my AR for quick and dirty support vs getting every ounce of performance out of it like I would on my AI or DT.

Last edited: