• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas rear monopod on Larue POD on LMT SOPMOD

JimGnitecki

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Austin, TX
It IS possible to mount an Atlas monopod on the SOPMOD (tapered) collapsible stock on an LMT MWSE:

AtlasmonopodonLaruePODonLMTextended.jpg

AtlasmonopodonLaruePODonLMT-retracted-withSAPR.jpg

Close-up:

AtlasmonopodonPODonLMT-close-up.jpg

It turns out that a Larue POD almost fits - you just need to file off both tapered PLASTIC sides of the underside of the SOPMOD stock. Takes under 5 minutes using any reasonably decent file. Then, mount the Larue POD, hold it in place, and drill first the rear lower hole, and then the upper forward hole, through the (plastic) stock web. Absolute piece of cake to do.

Advantage? WAY more stable than a squeezable bag, does NOT affect the ability of the stock to collapse, does NOT affect the operation of the BattleLine SAPR if you have also installed that, and folds up when not needed without being in the way.

If you choose to later remove it, if you did a decent job of filing symmetrically and drilling clean holes, the stock is not visually tarnished, and in fact most people wouldn't notice the subtle mods.

No downsides that I can see.

Jim G

Reactions: camocorvette
Re: Atlas rear monopod on Larue POD on LMT SOPMOD

Except for the fact you can't use the rear sling ports it does look good.

Yes if I ever want to mount the sling, I will look for a sling mount that attaches to a Picatinny rail.

Jim G

Or you can do a little reverse mounting and turn the block around and re-mount it. You can run the bolt into the sling mount and the other one out front of the edge of the stock. You can remove it and have no mars to your stock.

SAPR2.jpg

SAPR5.jpg

Hey Jim, stay tuned to Battleline Industries, a mono-pod adapter is on the way for the LMT very shortly, and you will still be able to use your factory sling mount!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JimGnitecki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes if I ever want to mount the sling, I will look for a sling mount that attaches to a Picatinny rail.

Jim G </div></div>

Reactions: camocorvette

You guys at Battleline rule! My version works but it comes loose and wobbles after using it. It will be great to have a rail on the bottom of my B5 sopmod along with my Battleline Industries SAPR. Yes I am the proud owner of a SAPR, the largest technological leap forward for any AR piece of equipment after the MRP.

Thanks again Battleline you guys totally RULE!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Colorado Glock</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My version works but it comes loose and wobbles after using it.

</div></div>

This is why I chose to file my stock's "webs". The problem with NOT filing them is that they are TAPERED, so even if you had properly positioned holes of the right side, the POD would STILL move. With your solution of using one existing sling mount hole plus the leading (3rd) tapered surface, the POD moves even more under recoil (and even without recoil). You need parallel surfaces to sandwich the POD against. Then, it does not slip.

Jim G