• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Spigot mount tightening

wichitaguns

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2012
So shooting off the atlas bipod mounted on to the atlas ai spigot mount. Faced two issues, the mount loosened over eith recoil and I had to tighten the knurled nut multiple times..no biggie but a tad annoying.
Second was the little bit of slop between the ai and the spigot mount. The issue is that the play is very ramp like..I put torque into the tilt the rifle on the bipod and then at some point the play in the mount comes in and there is a slight jerk in the rifle. Again no biggie but annoying.
Question is are there any home remedies/home machinist solutions? I saw some.old posts but a lot of the pictures are gone.
If no solution, I'll just spring for the anarchy outdoors mount.
Thanks.

I bought my AT chassis 2nd hand came with the spigot mount. Super tight doesn't loosen no slop. So I looked at it close after hearing people say there was slop in them and it looks like someone bedded mine. Looks like Devon or jb weld on the mount. Anyway might be a cheaper solution.

Its not refined, but I put blue loctite on the screw and tighten it down with a wrench and a rag around the nut, stays tight..

Having said that, I just ordered samb300's spigot to replace it.

So shooting off the atlas bipod mounted on to the atlas ai spigot mount. Faced two issues, the mount loosened over eith recoil and I had to tighten the knurled nut multiple times..no biggie but a tad annoying.
Second was the little bit of slop between the ai and the spigot mount. The issue is that the play is very ramp like..I put torque into the tilt the rifle on the bipod and then at some point the play in the mount comes in and there is a slight jerk in the rifle. Again no biggie but annoying.
Question is are there any home remedies/home machinist solutions? I saw some.old posts but a lot of the pictures are gone.
If no solution, I'll just spring for the anarchy outdoors mount.
Thanks.
Skate board abrasive tape. Costs nothing. Takes the slack out. When it wears out, you replace. You can buy a roll that will last the rest of your life for < $10

AI Spigot Fix 01.jpg

AI Spigot Fix 02.jpg

Reactions: DOA
Thanks. I have some skateboard tape and some emory cloth at home. I'll give that a shot before I get the anarchyoutdoors mount.

Reactions: Nik H
Yup. This is aggravating but the grip tape mod does work.

In the future buy the elite iron one that has a bolt to take the slip out. Sits up higher too

0F354254-134E-4155-A2AF-29B67A4F09A3.png

I’m partial to the Anarchy Outdoors mount, myself 😉
Hehe man. I've been watching since of your engineering efforts and its fantastic!.
I have an MKII though, I read somewhere that I would have to counter bore the existing hole to work with the anarchy outdoors spigot? Is this accurate? Can I just use a washer and a fastener with a lower profile head?

Hehe man. I've been watching since of your engineering efforts and its fantastic!.
I have an MKII though, I read somewhere that I would have to counter bore the existing hole to work with the anarchy outdoors spigot? Is this accurate? Can I just use a washer and a fastener with a lower profile head?
Thanks!

I think there's some confusion on this. The legacy rifles and R700 chassis (AE, AW, AICS) which utilize the HK hook sling mounts have a specific mount for them, called the "AE Picatinny" and "AE Arca Swiss" on the Anarchy page HERE.

As long as the chassis has the front countersink hole, no modifications are needed. If it's an older gen1 chassis which doesn't have the front hole, then a few minutes with a mill or at a gunsmith is all that's needed. I've had guys with old AW's and even AW50's do this modification with no issues. I've attached some pictures and the machining print for reference.

For users that want to use QD flush cups on their legacy chassis instead of the HK hooks, you can purchase a pair of QD mounts from AI (or Mile High) and then install same as you would with an AT rifle during assembly. That would require drilling or dremeling holes in the skins for the QD cups to protrude from.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Attachments

• AICS_front_hole.jpg
    AICS_front_hole.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 14
  • ae_chassis.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 28