• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas V8 question

madd0c

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
South Carolina
I got my Atlas V8 last week and like it alot, however one leg seems to be different from the other.

One leg is snug and smooth when I move the leg through the range of 180 degrees of rotation. The other leg gets REALLY tight when I move it clockwise, so much so that I can't get it to 90 degrees back. Then when I move it forward, the bolt holding the leg loosens and it rotates very easily forward, to easily. The bolt is then loose enough that the leg has a significant amount of play, and I can actually turn the bolt by hand. I know it will fall out if it was actually being subjected to recoil.

Edit: Oh, and the bolt on the other leg does NOT turn at all when the leg is moved.

My question, is this something I can fix myself with some loctite in the portion that the bolt goes into the bipod frame, or is there something special inside the bipod body that I need to send it back to Kasey?

Any ideas? Thanks,
madd0c

Re: Atlas V8 question

Just call Kasey, he'll either tell you how to fix it yourself, or he'll have you send it in to him and he'll fix it and get it right back to you. I wouldn't loctite it or try to fix it myself without speaking to Kasey first....

Just got off the phone with Kasey,
Great guy. Took the time to go over how to try to fix it myself, and if that doesn;t work he said he'll take care of it.

Only reason I am not sending it in to him to be fixed is I am using it tomorrow
smile.gif

For anyone with a similar issue, he said he uses a locktite product in the body at 14 inch pounds of torque and the one I got was probably fresh off the assembly line and hadn't cured completely. So, at his suggestion, I am going to put in some blue locktite and torque it down.

Great customer service, and I am glad it was something I can fix.

And before everyone jumps on the blue locktite, I am using it and not red because I have less than 24 hours before I use the bipod.

Hope this helps someone else,
madd0c

madd0c,

I understood you to say there was no evidence of Loctite on the Leg Bolt in question which led me to believe the problem was I forgot to put the loctite in the threaded hole, resulting in the loose bolt.... My mistake.

FWIW, we use RED 272 on the Leg Bolts and go to 14 inch pounds. The BLUE (we use 243) will probably work, but on that application I prefer the 272, I would also prefer to not miss putting it where it is suppose to go!!!

Sincerely,

Kasey

Vman,
Fix worked great zero problems. I know if it ever does break loose I will use the red locktite.

Kasey,
Well, I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt that the locktite just wasn't on the threads of the bolt I pulled out and probably hadnt cured.
Thanks for the tips and the offer to fix it.

madd0c

Received Atlas V8 and AIAW V2 upgrade Wow Kasey made it even better than the V7outstanding. Hope he does not quite making products to start a giving seminars and writing books on how customer service should be, just think I did not even have to talk to "Bob" in India,Philippines......