• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Atmospheric event in Dallas this evening?

Maybe starlink?

Same was reported in Wichita Falls, about 2 hours from Dallas, and then again in Archer City, about 30 minutes from WF.

Last edited:
Starlink, most likely.

There is a great app called “satellite tracker.” Hold phone at sky and it overlays all the satellites.

Had an odd “atmospheric” event here last night at sunset. A planet, I assume, was really low on the horizon and it got “magnified”‘by the atmosphere and turned quite red… like a big setting Sun. Very cool… watched it go below horizon.

Space, time, science and nature are endlessly entertaining without assuming everything is government-alien hysteria.

Sirhr

Starlink, most likely.

There is a great app called “satellite tracker.” Hold phone at sky and it overlays all the satellites.

Had an odd “atmospheric” event here last night at sunset. A planet, I assume, was really low on the horizon and it got “magnified”‘by the atmosphere and turned quite red… like a big setting Sun. Very cool… watched it go below horizon.

Space, time, science and nature are endlessly entertaining without assuming everything is government-alien hysteria.

Sirhr
I saw another odd one out one morning before sunrise. It was in the eastern sky just as the sunn started to illuminate the horizon. I think it was an airplane climbing in altitude way east of me and when it got high enough in the sky it started reflecting the sun off the bottom. It looked like a big glowing ball that appeared slightly above the horizon went straight up for a short time, then disappeared.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Exact same thing occurred in early June here in the Florida Panhandle, enjoying outdoor evening drinks with neighbors we observed it moving across the sky. At first we didn’t pay much attention until it was near a cell tower with the red light. The fixed position of the tower made us realize it wasn’t a plane. couple of wise cracks about being a barloon and we went back to drinking.

What do you think of the shock wave/plume that went out ahead of the object?

Is swear I saw a U2 flying over Stephenville about 1530 yesterday afternoon and low enough that your could see it with just eyes. I didn't see anything yesterday evening that was odd like the OP.

Really, 12 posts in? I gotta do everything around here.

IMG_5336.jpeg

Really, 12 posts in? I gotta do everything around here.

View attachment 8189269
Spaceships and aliens, just keep throwing different poop on the wall to keep the masses distracted. If i had to make an uneducated guess at the OP video and knowing I observed the exact same thing, more inclined to think my county assessor contracted with a company for some type of enhanced imaging of my property to further bend me over.....

video was a little fuzzy for me, i'm not having the greatest connection today. Did I see some jets come off it towards the left and they fade away? If so, likely cold gas thrusters for a rocket of some type that's making adjustments to it's orientation in orbit. Not sure where in the world you are, but if the sun is below the horizon for you, it can very well illuminate a rocket that's on it's way to orbit, and illuminate the thrust gasses, and the cold gas thruster emissions. It's trippy, definately can be unnerving for normal folks that don't nerd out on that shit.

Branden

Edit: Duh, you say Dallas in the title.

People use to freak out about the early starlink satellites. They were launched 50 at a time, and it would take a bit for them to spread out, so people were freaking out about the chain of lights crossing the skies. I've seen 'em a few times, they're always a site to see. They started to paint them with a non-reflective paint to reduce the amount of light they reflect back down to appease the stargazing nerds of the world that were whining about starlink light trails crossing their long exposure photos.

Some folks use to spend time to chart out the path of Iridium satellites and show where you would have to be, and what time to spot the Iridium flares. When the satellite would rotate it's solar panels to maintain their angle to the sun, and they would create quite a bright flash in the sky if you were in the right place at the right time, looking up at the right area. I've seen it once, and purely by luck, right place, right time, and just happened to be looking up.

Branden

Think this is a better res link vid link 2
Definately cold gas thrusters. I don't have time to go search to see what launched for sure, I think Starlink was scheduled to launch, but I don't know for sure if they went up. Starlink will spin the 2nd stage booster in a certain way, and release at a precise time that will allow the angular momentum differential from the bottom of the stack, to the top, to assist in spreading out the satellites.

Branden

Reactions: Inifinty
Definately cold gas thrusters. I don't have time to go search to see what launched for sure, I think Starlink was scheduled to launch, but I don't know for sure if they went up. Starlink will spin the 2nd stage booster in a certain way, and release at a precise time that will allow the angular momentum differential from the bottom of the stack, to the top, to assist in spreading out the satellites.

Branden
There was a SpaceX launch yesterday. Not sure if it was starlink or something else.

Branden

Check out the big brains on Short-bus to rise above the rest of us window lick'ers.

Object clearly slows with the thrust.

• Haha
Reactions: Short-bus
I think a helicopter. They turned the spotlight away from you, and then slowly turned it to the front, which gave it the appearance of slowly projecting forward. Seems a plane was going opposite direction, so heading toward airport? Is there an airport to the left?

My guess anyway.....