• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ATN Binox-4T

thaifighter

Sec Ops
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2017
    Sanford, NC
    After doing my due diligence about thermals for night hunting, I elected to skip on the thermal scope and go to a thermal binocular for scanning...

I managed to find the 2-8 model on Amazon at a reasonable price and have been playing with it. So far I'm very impressed. I've been watching the squirrels running through the trees at about 100 yards and while the outlines are not crisp, I can def tell it's a squirrel at about 100 yards...

I watched my neighbor over 200 yards away through the trees walking to and from his car.

I'm still messing with the settings looking to tweak it for best performance, but so far I am impressed. I am a newbie to thermal, but this is fantastic and should be great for hogs...

ANyone else have these and if so, what have you learned about them? ANyone else with the ATN thermal series that would like to sure their exp in tuning the menus for best performance?

Squirrels and humans are easy to recognize, esp when they move.

Hogs are fairly easy to see, but beware people have shot cows and...ehrm...other things.

Cat vs fox vs dog - almost impossible. Beware.
    Various types of deer - not easy. You see how the stand (in groupd or not) and when they move/run.

With a good modern thermal you can detect at 1000 yards+

But detect and recognize is VERY different.

copy that...

Good news is that where we'll be, there's no cows. There may be 'yotes and we'd have to wait until we could id vs fox/dog.

we'll be scanning to detect thermal and shooting on NV with a Coyote Cannon illum...

Thanks for the input!