• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ATN PS28-3 ???

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
I'm curious, is the ATN ps 28-3 really much of an improvement over the ATN 22-3?

And as much as I'd like to buy the 5k PVS 30 it's just not in the cards right now. With the 28-3 being available at 2k I am able to swing it, but I can't connect another 3k to get to the 30. So it's the 28 worth it? Or should i just stick with the pvs14 and laser?...

I'd stick with the 14 and laser and keep saving ! If you are not going to be moving, slip a USGI 3x magnifier on the PVS-14 and put a shooting stick under your rifle for some more range.

If I thought that was impossible I'd look at a CO-X before I'd do an ATN. My first NV was a PS 22-3 ... I sent it back to get re-collimated and no change. I had a L&S 3-15x TMR in those days with MOA turrets and with the PS-22 in front it was 7 elevation clicks and 4 windage clicks off from the day scope. I dialed that offset so many times (in both directions) I remember it 2.5 years after I sold that PS-22 :)

With the PVS-30 no adjustments. Just dead on.

I'd stick with the 14 and laser and keep saving ! If you are not going to be moving, slip a USGI 3x magnifier on the PVS-14 and put a shooting stick under your rifle for some more range.

If I thought that was impossible I'd look at a CO-X before I'd do an ATN. My first NV was a PS 22-3 ... I sent it back to get re-collimated and no change. I had a L&S 3-15x TMR in those days with MOA turrets and with the PS-22 in front it was 7 elevation clicks and 4 windage clicks off from the day scope. I dialed that offset so many times (in both directions) I remember it 2.5 years after I sold that PS-22 :)

With the PVS-30 no adjustments. Just dead on.
Is the collimaton the only thing you really saw different between the two? If so I'd take a $3k price cut and have to dial a fixed correction whenever I put it on. I'm guessing from your post it was consistently the same offset at least.

The last time I called around for a Co-X was priced Right there with the 30 and still double my current price range.

I know I've got to be giving up something to cut the price tag on half, as long as the only inconvenience is dialing a correction... I can live with that

Well the "gen3" tube in the ATN was closer to a gen2 in performance ... and the CO-x with gen2 HD with an illuminator will give same performance for same price ($1600 list for the CO-x) and it will be new and might not have the collimation issue. I'd roll the dice on a gen2 CO-x before I'd roll the dice on an ATN.

I wouldn’t touch anything ATN and I’d stay away from the Armasight stuff too. Military grade is really where it’s at for performance and reliability.

I have some Simrad PVS-9’s still available within your budget and their performance is top of the line.

We purchased one of the PS-28 WP (White Phosphorus) while the image was clear the scope will NOT focus with a First Focal Plane scope. We put it infront of a SFP 6X scope it gave very clear images. I contacted ATN and sent it back they said it was calibrated and there was nothing wrong with the scope. I told them my organization would not be purchasing any more of these scopes