• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision # # # # ATN ThOR 4 Thermal Scope 2.5-25x50mm (640)

glider

Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Argyle NY 12809
After reseaeching thermals im wondering if there is a reason this optic seems less talked about than Pulsar . IMO Thor 4 is more user friendly .when ther range finder is attached ,ranging is much more accurate and faster.
What im looking for is a hunting set up out to 300 400 yrds .scan out to 1300.
Can anyone let me in on ATN history or reasons not to buy ?

For starters, ATN is an alternate spelling of “Whore.” Look it up. It’s in every modern dictionary.

I have a couple of ATNs, and they’ve been just fine. No issues. But they have a history of, um, “embellishing” their marketing materials. Then their after-sales / warranty support basically sucks. Then they’ve been caught red-handed plagiarizing patented products (a la the Great LaRue Mount Debacle of 2014).

So, the hate for them basically stems from the uninterrupted train of abuses that result in a bitter distrust of all things ATN.

Got a few buddies that have formed a Pulsar Thermion cult, gotta say there's something to em for the price bracket IMO. Short of a Trijicon it's where I'd go with my money. Pulsar CS is also pretty damn good supposedly. I rock a Digex N455/N450 NV with a thermal spotter, would probably put the range at about 500 max on the NV but I only paid about 900$ new, about 300$ for a jumped up IR lamp to get it out there. Battery life is OK between both models, not stellar but swap in seconds.

Really posted to get a history on ATN from what i have gathered its just like THEHORTA says.
Let the bad guys get there butts busted in lock up
Im saddelin up with Halo LR.

Another
Technological
Nightmare

Years ago I had a atn nv Scope. Thank god I bought it from cabelas and 6 months or a year later they gave me full money back

Reactions: glider
I en been thinking ATN thermal too. I didn’t know they were that bad. What are other cost effective options?

The best bang for your money is the Hogster line from Bering Optics.

4387667F-6F48-433B-954B-EBAFD96575F1.jpeg

Video of 25 & 35:

Hogster 35 Coyote Video:

Super Hogster Video:

Reactions: glider