• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Attaching a red dot to trijicon acog

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hi all
I hope that it's the correct place to ask, I have a Trijicon acog 4x32 and I would like to attach a red dot sight for short range work, I tried google but coildn't find a solution other than attaching an RMR from Trijicon, can someone please point to other options?
also i would like your openions regarding maybee better solution is to get one of the 1-8 scopes availiable today, my main concern is the fov in those scopes
any info would be appreciated
thanks

I have one set up the way you're discussing and it's good. I prefer a 1-6 scope. Miday and brownells both sell mounts for a jpoint.

I have one set up the way you're discussing and it's good. I prefer a 1-6 scope. Miday and brownells both sell mounts for a jpoint.
Thanks for the info i will order from brownells

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jp has a newer jpoint with a reticle similar to an eotech. It's a 1 moa dot, but seems big with the circle around it. Love it. I never feel like I'm hunting for the dot.

I have had two Trijicon ACOGs and while they are built like a tank at the end of the day all I had was a $1200+ dollar fixed power scope with horrible eye relief. I sold both of them and went with a 1-8 Vortex and I think it’s the perfect optic for a AR type weapon. It really is a true 1x on the low end or has close as you can get which is obviously great for close work and 8x which is plenty of power for targets out to 600+ yds. When the ACOG loses its cool factor you to will be wanting more and wish you had got something else.

I ran a TA11H (I know this is 3.5 instead of 4 and has much better eye relief) on my Tavor for awhile and I found if I kept both eyes open and lifted my head slightly I could quickly transition and it mimicked a non multiplied red dot. The only other suggestion would be to look into a 45 deg mount.