• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attaching arca rail with front action screw?

trophy8

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Georgetown Tx
Building my daughter a rifle. Manners CS. Hawkins M5 dbm. Defiance Deviant. Stock is NOT a mini chassis obviously. Will have pillars. I bought an 8” Area 410 arca rail for it. Only way it’ll fit without sticking out from the end a fair amount is using the front action screw as one attachment point. Anyone had any issues with this? I like the tripod mounted right in front of the dbm. Only way to accomplish that is mount it this way. 4-6” Raul would put a T nut right by the recoil lug inlet.

Won’t be a hard use rifle. Looking into my options. I can obviously buy another rail. May do a 5” Henderson rail but curious if there’s any issues with my current thoughts.

Last edited:
You mean CS stock? There's no issues using the front action screw for the arca rail. I have a few like that. With the CS and the flat forend bottom it should be able to attach right to the stock easily.

Reactions: trophy8
You mean CS stock? There's no issues using the front action screw for the arca rail. I have a few like that. With the CS and the flat forend bottom it should be able to attach right to the stock easily.
No issues with the screw staying torqued?

No issues with the screw staying torqued?

Nope. No issues. Once torqued down it stays where it should. The Arca rail between the screw and stock is just like a washer. Just takes up space.

Reactions: trophy8
Nope. No issues. Once torqued down it stays where it should. The Arca rail between the screw and stock is just like a washer. Just takes up space.
Are you running a longer screw? I’ve seen where some rails come with a longer screw that has to be shortened usually. Just wondering if you would have any/enough thread engagement with the same screw

Are you running a longer screw? I’ve seen where some rails come with a longer screw that has to be shortened usually. Just wondering if you would have any/enough thread engagement with the same screw

Can’t speak for others but the Area 419 comes with another action screw and you just trim it down to length. Usually the factory screws won’t work as they are too short.

Reactions: Dot3