• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attaching sling to top of stock?

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
I'm trying to mount a sling to my Rem 700 in a B&C light tactical stock. I want to mount it to the top of the rear of the stock. I use an Eagle stock pack though so I'm looking for options on how to mount it. I tried using an A2 stock connector but it put it too far forward so it was under the stock pack. You think I could take it to a gunsmith and have a flush cup put into the top of it toward the rear or would that hit the screw that is holding the recoil pad on? Any other suggetions would be welcome.

Re: Attaching sling to top of stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh-L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You think I could take it to a gunsmith and have a flush cup put into the top of it toward the rear.</div></div>

I'm sure a smith could figure something out for you.

B/C recoil pad, isn't it glued on?

I am sure a smith could install a flush cup on the top, rear of the comb for you if you want it there...but like f_m asked...WHY?

What are you wanting to do in terms of your sling setup that you don't think you can do without a top-mount sling?

i've done the same to keep the rifle in "the ready" position across the chest alot like an AR carbine CQB setup, works well for hunting to keep it at your fingertips for stalking. the stud on top helps the rifle from "flopping" over.

drill the hole and screw it in?

MKIIF031.jpg

got one on the side of the front of the stock too
MKIIF019.jpg

i'm lefty, that's why it looks backwards.