• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attaching slings to Harris

dill84

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2005
What's the opinion on using the attachment point on Harris bipods? Specifically the TAB sling?

Re: Attaching slings to Harris

Just like this. Been using it with both TAB and TIS slings and works fine. That's a TAB sling in the pic. If you have a PodLoc then put a little padding on it and it can be used as a hand stop when slung up.

P1100495.jpg

P1100496.jpg

Im not a fan of it, but only because I like the sling to be tight against my hand. Most of mine are slung on the side anyway.

I am concerned with the attachment on the two prongs on the bipod? I would install grovtec flushcups but am concerned where to drill the holes.

Not if you have to carry it a lot. The reason for a secondary stud position is so your shoulder doesn't get chewed up by the bipod with muzzle up carry. Muzzle down it's better to have the sling behind the bipod so the rifle maneuvers faster from teh slung position. I of course wouldn't know but my muf kin poser butt carried something akin to a DMR for a year. Just get a second stud and sling it farther back, you'll be happier in the end, especially if you have to carry it any real distance

Agreed. I would'nt carry it slung like that but I do like how he made an improvised hand stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like this. Been using it with both TAB and TIS slings and works fine. That's a TAB sling in the pic. If you have a PodLoc then put a little padding on it and it can be used as a hand stop when slung up.

P1100495.jpg

P1100496.jpg

</div></div>

Not meaning to change the topic but is that the A3 or A5 size forend skid pad?

It's the larger version. That's on a Manners T3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the larger version. That's on a Manners T3. </div></div>

10-4 Thanks, been looking to get one, just was unsure on the size.