• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attempted Robbery/Murder

H5N1

Sergeant
Minuteman
As some of you know I own a training company. We do seminar style training. We hired a new instructor for our San Antonio course last week.
So shortly after the class let out for the day he goes to the gas station and is filling up when he notices a man approaching him from his 5oclock. He thinks nothing of it until he hears a knife being locked into the unfolded position. He turns to see the man trying to cut him. His shirt gets slashed as he narrowly dodges the first swipe as he pulls the gas pump handle out of his car and smashes the man in the face with it knocking him out and causing 26 stitches worth of damage. The police cuff the man laying unconcious on the ground.
I am thankful our man was not killed. He is former army veteran got out in "87". This is a great example of why you need to always pay attention to your surroundings. I usually am on the phone when I am pumping gas, I probably would be dead or seriously injured had it been me.
To bad he didn't soak him and light his ass on fire.
Yall be careful out there.

Re: Attempted Robbery/Murder

Glad He's O'K, and way to go on use of the improvised weapon. The worlds most dangerous weapon is a well trained mind.

wow thats crazy. Not that this actually happened, but the fact that the guy didn't even try to rob him. he just came up ready to slice and once the slicing is done then he'd get the money or whatever. just kinda crazy since he didnt even know the guy

I know, that's why I didn't know what to call it attempted robbery or murder.
The man was clearly not in his right mind,this was just random. None of us are from within 4 hours of this place, it was scary. My little sister was helping us at this particular event.

Nothing like your training, but I teach class for CCW. The HARDEST thing to get people to think about is this exact scenario. Survey your surroundings, be viglante, and keep your head in the game. ...even at home.

I have been away from home for four months. Begged my wife to try to understand that she has to do the same. When she walks in the front door of the house, see if the cats are in the normal spots. If not, get out of the house and go to the neighbors to wait for the police. Something as simple as that can save you or your life.

Glad to see your new trainer is ok.

Understand also this was not in a "cheap" part of town. I guess it kinda will burst you bubble about what kind of people are really out there and can be anywhere and how vulnerable you can be.

Realize that if you had a pistol in the door of your car it would have done nothing for you, even though you are feet from it and only stepping out for a min. If it is not on your person you are exposed IMHO.

Good use of improvised weaponry! Had he a handgun concealed (legally, please) it would have been too late anyway. Takes time to draw. I'm glad he's okay, and I'm glad the shitbag who did this is heading to the can.

Be vigilant folks. We all gotta venture out into this crappy world of ours.

I lost my wallet last year when I pulled up at lights.. guy put a .22 to my head and reached in and took it off the seat... lost some treasured baby pics of my kids. more annoyed with myself for loosing the pics... window open with my arm on the drivers door.. will never do that again.