• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attended a precision rifle match and had a blast.

355sigfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2004
Alaska
We had about 8 people show up with bolt guns from .308 to .338 Lapua. My friend won using my gun. A great time was had by all. If anyone wants to compete in this kind of match send me a PM and hopefully we can get these scheduled more often.
I had not had the opportunity to confirm my dope at 200 and 300 yards with this rifle as my local range does not go that far out. Luckily I have a chrono and a good ballistic calculator and the only correction I made in the match was .1 mil left that I noticed at 300 yards.
Ken.jpg

MOAmatch.jpg

Here is my rifle.
Remington700build.jpg

Nothing too fancy but it will hold just over .5 moa with the loads it likes and .75 is typical for it. I blew it in this match. I shot the guys target next to me at the 200 yard line costing me 4 points, I missed another one at 200 yards. I did get all my 300 and 100 yard targets. I took a chance on the challenge targets and hit them until the last dot which was .5 moa. I figured if I took the chance I could have got 1st place but I failed and lost those points and got 4th place. Still had a great time.

4-2-12
Remington700with175SMK.jpg

Re: Attended a precision rifle match and had a blast.

That looks like a blast. If you guys ever have something closer to Fairbanks let me know, I would love to attend.

It is good to see that you guys up North are willing to brave the weather to shoot.
Makes me appreciate the 85 deg. weather we had this past weekend to practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is good to see that you guys up North are willing to brave the weather to shoot.
Makes me appreciate the 85 deg. weather we had this past weekend to practice. </div></div>
85 degrees would make me melt.
Pat