• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATTENTION!!! M40A1 base issue.

JBW3

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hey everyone,
I just found out from the shop....home sick today....that the recent batch of M40A1 mount ring combos need to be recalled. Do NOT take it upon yourself to ignor this warning. The ring(s) will come off the base.

This is on the "Black Oxide" finished models that were justed shipped out in the past week.

We used a special Loctite adhesive to bond these two parts together, but it looks like the black oxide is eating away at the bond agent. I have not been able to look at these in person yet, but I will tomorrow. For now I don't want to see someone mount their MST-100 on their rifle and have the whole thing fall on the ground or something.

We will get these fixed/replaced immediately. The front office will alos be contacting you tomorrow for a return shipment of the old mount.

Thanks for your patience on this.
John III

Re: ATTENTION!!! M40A1 base issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For now I don't want to see someone mount their MST-100 on their rifle and have the whole thing fall on the ground or something.</div></div>

That would NOT be good!!

I've seen a photo of the problem..........not good. Hope none of these have made it to the sand box yet.

Check your PM's JBWIII

Holly shit, what if the rings had fallen off in the drawer that mine is sitting in?!?!?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only 21 of these were sent out, most of them lucky to be in the customers hands today, so the sandbox issue should be OK.
John III </div></div>

Thats a good thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holly shit, what if the rings had fallen off in the drawer that mine is sitting in?!?!?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Get your scope mounts out of your drawers, that's just wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holly shit, what if the rings had fallen off in the drawer that mine is sitting in?!?!?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Get your scope mounts out of your drawers, that's just wrong. </div></div>

1" tube?

laugh.gif

OUCH!

I may have been the one that pulled the fire alarm on this one. I called Becky yesterday when I received mine. At first she did not understand what I was trying to say. "My <span style="font-style: italic">one piece</span> mount is a <span style="font-style: italic">two piece</span> mount."

Becky and the other fella on the phone were excellent. They identified the issue right away.
I just dropped mine off at FedEx so it is on the way back to USO.

Mike