• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Attention scope gurus...

krumfola

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
How easy is it to actually SEE the level in a set-up like this in different shooting positions? This is a random Google pic of Hawkins Hybrid rings that I'm considering because I'd like to have a level but I'm not wild about the thought of one sticking straight out to the side.

This rifle will be carried afield for hunting and used for some informal long range shooting.

1550882485155.png

Reactions: JT1178
It’s easy to see but not without breaking cheekweld.

I prefer something I can see with my non dominant eye so it can superimpose itself in my sight picture.

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I’m looking at the Nightforce Direct Mount. So without a base rail I would either need a ring style level or the Nightforce tip ring bubble level.

I like one off to the side. I can close eye in scope and open opposite eye without breaking cheek weld.

Reactions: 47guy
It’s easy to see but not without breaking cheekweld.

I prefer something I can see with my non dominant eye so it can superimpose itself in my sight picture.

Yep. Me, too. I have the MKM "low profile" scope level. All I have to do is use my left (non-dominant) eye without breaking position / cheek-weld. Works great!

MKM scope bubble level (4).jpg

MKM scope bubble level (1).jpg

Reactions: AMGtuned
I mount mine like above, but try to get it as far forward as possible. As you get older and your eyes change, it will help to have it as forward as possible.

I mount mine like above, but try to get it as far forward as possible. As you get older and your eyes change, it will help to have it as forward as possible.

I think I’m gonna take everyone’s advice and go ahead with a tube mounted level. Probably going with the MKM that @Racer88 mentioned above.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

One of the cool things about the MKM level is the clever silver-colored "bead" at the top center. Instead of eyeballing whether the bubble is between the two traditional vertical marks, you can more quickly spot the bubble lining up with the silver bead.
MKM scope bubble level (3).jpg

Reactions: JT1178