• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATV pull brush cutter

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
Face Slapping Distance
Is the DR brand really the cats ass?
What's wrong with a Swisher besides Kawa. motor and 2hp deficit to the DR?

Reviews look good on both. The DR is mo money.

Do you or someone you know have one of these critters? What's the poop?

I am secretly trying to clear some land without my wife catching on. I've got to have something to keep up the new land I bought, and that's how this slips under her and my doctor's radar.
They won't let me near a skid steer or excavator anymore, hell they won't let me run a chainsaw.

I've done my own equipment work since I could sit on a backhoe. It'll be impossible to secretly rent a No-No machine. ?

My grandpa bought a Swisher pull behind mower and said it was a POS. Briggs motor wasn’t an issue but it throws the belt off at least a few times a mowing season. I think the battery and tray vibrate loose a lot because it’s mounted in a bad spot on the deck. It’s been probably 5 years since I talked to him about it but he wouldn’t buy one again. The belt situation sounded like a pain in the ass because you have to take a bunch of guards off to get it back on.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I dont own either, but I have seen a dr work. Its a real tool. That would get my money chikn.

My brother bought a DR for pulling behind his ATV and it works well for clearing and cutting down the weeds in a large area around his house. They use a DR walk behind string trimmer to do the fine work around trees and other obstacles the DR can't get.

My dads had a DR for several years. Works very well. The only issue has been when he doesn’t use it in the winter the throttle lever sticks and you end up bending the cable. I think they might have taken out the throttle lever on newer models.

I have a freind that uses a 900cc atv with pizza cutter tires,hid pull behind is 4 foot wide.
I will get some pictures,I'm certain the deck runs off Hyd and a separate engine.
All I know is it's a beast

I am secretly trying to clear some land without my wife catching on. I've got to have something to keep up the new land I bought, and that's how this slips under her and my doctor's radar.
They won't let me near a skid steer or excavator anymore, hell they won't let me run a chainsaw.

I've done my own equipment work since I could sit on a backhoe. It'll be impossible to secretly rent a No-No machine. ?
Yes. If you can get up here at the end of the summer they have their demo and scratch and dent sale I bought mine basically brand new demo unit for a third of retail and it kicks butt

cheers

I have a DR walk behind and it is a beast. Eats anything in front of it up to 3" or so. Good and tough. Worth the money. Can't comment on the ATV model, as I have a tractor bush-hog for that type of stuff. The DR walk behind is as good as a bush-hog, although its not as wide and requires a lot more man-work.

Get rid of the wife and buy yourself some John Deere equipment..... die a happy man.

Hobo

Using a swisher for my foodplots and brush cutting, and I use the machine hard . Had to redesign/reweld the hitch system which was just cheap and useless. With that issue fixed, it is still a high-maintenance item: adjusting the belt, replacing belts(about 1 each season), sharpening blades. No issue with the Briggs motor tho; just keep oil changed regularly.

Sorry I didnt update folks.
It seems someone dug up this old rag.

Went with the swisher 44" 14.5hp Kawasaki, If my polaris 450 will push it over, the bitch will cut it.
It's been worth every penny.

20200430_134520.jpg

20200430_142914.jpg

Reactions: Redmanss
Keep your eye out for eastern indigo snakes. Not sure how far from Conecuh NF you are but EIS captive bred at Auburn have been released there in an effort to reestablish.

Keep your eye out for eastern indigo snakes. Not sure how far from Conecuh NF you are but EIS captive bred at Auburn have been released there in an effort to reestablish.

I'll protect them at all costs. I spent hours trying to avoid my buddy there. He kept following me and I was scared I would cut him up.

You guys do see my buddy dontcha?

Reactions: Waorani
Seen a mud snake in the road at the local creek...I'd call it a swamp but yeah. First time I even saw a mud snake. Only got a glimpse as I swerved to miss him.
Looked it up. The red belly I could see plain, didnt know what I had seen. Pretty.

I had a Yamaha terrapro which was basically a moto4 with a pto with a ruff cut mower and if you could drive over it. It would cut it. Baddest mower I ever saw. Only made for 2 years cause evidently bush hogging in 5th gear was dangerous

Reactions: Ravenworks
Neighbor said they call them white oak or oak snake.
I call it a very light phase rat snake. Identical pattern to black rat, but very grey/blonde color. I expect same adaptation as timber rattlers. We had canebrake rattlers in eastern NC identical to the Bama canebrake.....timber rattlers all, up here in mountains they are dark.
Course our black rat snake in ENC was black not grey.

Neighbor said they call them white oak or oak snake.
I call it a very light phase rat snake. Identical pattern to black rat, but very grey/blonde color. I expect same adaptation as timber rattlers. We had canebrake rattlers in eastern NC identical to the Bama canebrake.....timber rattlers all, up here in mountains they are dark.
Course our black rat snake in ENC was black not grey.

Oak snakes, chicken snakes, gray/black/yellow rat snakes all same species. Used to be different subspecies but not sure if that still stands. Canebrakes and timber rattlers used to be separate subspecies but variation was determined to be clinal (gradual over distance) so now only considered to be timbers. I always liked the canebrake/timber distinction but herpetologists are bad about changing taxonomy.

I have a freind that uses a 900cc atv with pizza cutter tires,hid pull behind is 4 foot wide.
I will get some pictures,I'm certain the deck runs off Hyd and a separate engine.
All I know is it's a beast
Talked to buddy, his is a Swisher with 14hp Briggs.
He's had it quite awhile and hasn't had any issues and he uses it hard.
I stand corrected about the drive system as it's a belt drive

Get rid of the wife and buy yourself some John Deere equipment..... die a happy man.

Hobo
23 years ago I bought John Deere equipment for the wife... Told her she deserved the very best...😉😘😂! She still uses it every week 😉!

23 years ago I bought John Deere equipment for the wife... Told her she deserved the very best...😉😘😂! She still uses it every week 😉!

tried that one with a bamboo flyrod. what was I thinking?

• Haha
Reactions: plong