• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aurora borealis tonight.

Niles Coyote

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2007
    South West, MI
    If you get a chance, step outside tonight you might see something like this.
    20240510_220515.jpg
    20240510_225121.jpg
    20240510_224444.jpg
    20240510_224340.jpg
    20240510_221507.jpg
    20240510_231005.jpg

What a bunch of BS. Central/just on the edge of northern Indiana, and I didn’t see a dang thing at 23:00. Always wanted to see them myself, but nothing there when I looked… :(

What a bunch of BS. Central/just on the edge of northern Indiana, and I didn’t see a dang thing at 23:00. Always wanted to see them myself, but nothing there when I looked… :(
    I'm due east of Lafayette, half way across the state. They were pretty visible even with the light pollution at around 10:00pm. I set my alarm to get up at 3:30am when they were supposed to be at their peak, step outside, it's raining :mad:. Sun comes up and sky is clear again🤬🤬🤬.

Badass. The auroras are a sight to see. I dont know if we were gonna get them in central CO but it was FUCKING snowing. All day yesterday, last night and still falling this morning. We still haven't had a 70 degree day yet this year. Must be global warming.

Reactions: The D
    North central Idaho was pretty good. First time I ever seen them. The kids thought it was a good excuse to get snacks and sit in the yard till way past midnight. 😀

The old iPhone didn’t do it justice.

IMG_1120.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi
    Badass. The auroras are a sight to see. I dont know if we were gonna get them in central CO but it was FUCKING snowing. All day yesterday, last night and still falling this morning. We still haven't had a 70 degree day yet this year. Must be global warming.
    It's been warm down here on the plains. Supposed to get spicey here this afternoon. I went out until about 10 but didn't really see much in se Colorado. The sky just looked light colored.

My wife suggested we go on an adventure to see them so I started looking on a light pollution map of spots in WY. There’s a small corner of class 1 dark sky between Laramie and Wheatland on WY34 so we packed some shit up and headed out. Made a snack stop at the new Buc-ee’s between Denver & Ft Collins, this place is bonkers. We stopped at two spots along the road and got some decent shots.

The first is cool but was still pretty early in the night. We had to move from this spot because I heard something rustling in the field next to me as I was taking this. It was probably a prairie dog but everything sounds big and dangerous in the dark…

1715447514534.jpeg

This one is pretty awesome and came just after midnight. I stopped trying for pics after this and just watched the lights. It was awesome watching the lights move and pulse in the sky. I’m gonna remember this for a long time and will most likely drag everyone on this adventure in the future

1715447914736.jpeg

Well Geesh. I live under a rock. I had no Idea this was going on. Central Kansas.

Hayden.

Was barely visible in SW Ark. Like dim glow. I’m goin to Fairbanks someday just to see them. Can you imagine the show there last night!!

Reactions: supercorndogs
    Anyone seeing anything tonight (Sat).

Saying it’s possible between 9:00 and 12:00.

Same tomorrow night.

If you got any NV it really an extra treat . Was out last night and the energy was so bright that I had the Gain turned way down . NV image has no color, but you really get to witness the constant pulsing waves, and the huge size, reach that the eye can't see. It blanketed over the top of my 90 deg. looking straight up.

I went out at 2230 last night. It was pretty disappointing, especially considering the pics people have sent me from southern MI, 100-150 miles south of me.

Nothing in the east but I’m close to city lights.

Might wash out the show.

Not a cloud in the sky, nada. And I'm 25 miles from a small city.