• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aurora Sportsman’s Club

KYAggie

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 2, 2014
    Kentucky
    Hello, I’m now own a home outside of Chicago with my new wife who is stuck in Illinois for the next 12 years due to a shared custody arraignment with her ex husband. As a result, I’m stuck as well and looking for a place to shoot what I have that’s actually legal in this part of the country. Looks like the best range around here is the Aurora Sportsman‘s Club. Are there any members of that club that would be willing to sponsor a fellow hide member? I’m also a member, and will remain a member if the Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club as I still work every other week in Louisville, KY.

If you can help, please let me know. Thanks!

Was a member there for years. Haven’t been in the last few, but am thinking about it again. Overall, a pretty good place, minimal issues with Fudds.

Reactions: KYAggie
    Illinois State Rifle Association
    Nice range if it’s close enough.

I’ll have to look into that one, it’s about 1:20 from my house. Thanks.

Yep, max range at ISRA is 300 yards, at Aurora it’s 600 yards.

Last edited:
    I just moved from IL to TX. I was a member there for several years and sat on the Boards for a few years as well. It is the only range in northern IL that offers what they do. You can run club level PRS events, 2 Gun training events, 3 gun, Benchrest matches and many other shooting disciplines.

Currently there are new range buildings going up and they offer shotgun fields that are second to none. ASC also host several national level guest instructors every year. I can't say enough good things about ASC. Top notch facility and run by some very talented people.

Sounds like a nice place for sure. Hopefully I can become member without a sponsor as finding one is proving difficult.

I just joined my orientation is next weekend. I have been shooting club NRL/PRS there for years it’s a great range. There is a club PRS next Saturday sign up on Practiscore and come on out to shoot.

There is a club PRS next Saturday sign up on Practiscore and come on out to shoot.
    I’ll try to come out for a few hours to meet people. My gun is still in parts in Louisville and I doubt I would be much competition with my Marlin 1894 357 mag.....the only gun I have up here right now. Still very much in transition. It will be a few months before I get my reloading room up and running and my guns in state.
    I’ll go ahead and sign up tomorrow for membership. Thanks for all the advice!

Reactions: CavReconScout