• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AUSA Show

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
Got the word today that I'm headin to the AUSA show at the end of the month to represent our company. I've never been there, so don't know what to expect.

Anybody have any experience or stories they'd like to share? What type of atmosphere should I expect? Any similarities to SHOT?

Re: AUSA Show

A lot like SHOT but in DC. The last day all the wives walk around with bags dragging on the ground with all the free crap that they pick up. Good show because all the PM's are there but make sure you register early because if you do it the first day of the show you will be sorry.

I attended a few years ago. In addition to small arms you will see a fair number of defence related articles, vehicles and combat systems. Very professional, we wore dress shirts and ties since our company had a booth.

First time I played with the Barrett Boss and the Simbad night vision. Nice

The bad: got to play with a Trijicon ACOG, a few weeks later bought one; handled a TRG-22, yep, bought one.

Since we had an extra day we visited the Smithsonian and the Arlington National Cemetery.

You'll have fun

Sounds fun! Wearing suits isn't my thing, but for a few days, I guess I can handle it. Going to be cool to see this part of the industry.

We're going to be featured at Armorwork's booth. There a great company to work with and it was really cool that they invited us to share space with them. Should be a blast!