• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Austin, TX Range?

esorensen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Broomfield, CO
I'll be headed to my sister's place for the holidays, and I was wondering if any of you have any input as to any decent public ranges. I have a couple of nephews who are looking to do some shooting. Anyone have any ideas, or anyone willing to let us shoot on some property? Thanks in advance, Eric

Re: Austin, TX Range?

There is a new facility near Austin that hasn't been open very long. It's called Best of the West north of Austin. texasshootingrange.com

There is a 100 yard indoor rifle and pistol range north and south of town.

www.redsguns.com

The new range is in Leander which is 30 miles north of Austin. They have Larue targets at 250, 500, 750, and 1000 yards
smile.gif
They also have pistol bays, and charge based on a daily rate. Reds charges by the hour, so it can get expensive.

also one north side of the lake.Eagle peak 300,200,100,50 ,25 skeet, pistol and rifle range.10dollare to join. 512-267-1400. enjoy your holiday.

What is the name of the place in Leander? I think the Larue targets would be a blast for these kids. I better start making ammo now!